Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My letter to Game Developers

Go down 
+2
fingerhitter
Shamos98
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2008-02-06

My letter to Game Developers Empty
PostSubject: My letter to Game Developers   My letter to Game Developers EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:36 pm

I composed this letter and sent it into the top 4 US game development companies. Response should be interesting if I get any.

April 1, 2011
Dear Game Developers,
As a purchaser and player of video games, I feel that I have as much right to offer my opinion, ideas, and thoughts as an investor in your company might express. After all, if I don’t buy your game you don’t have a job.

Now for the issue at hand. Over the last few years, you all seem to be pushing out games as fast as you can. That’s all well and good but as evidenced by the latest release I bought, the multi-player part of your games seem to fail every time. I happen to be one of the minority who does play the campaign side of a game but most people are buying these games to play online. Now I realize you all do extensive testing but it seems to me that you don’t do enough testing under real world conditions using real people with their own connections to solve problems before they are released. Please correct me if I’m wrong but most of these issues result either from the servers or from the end user’s greatly varying connection types and speeds.

My suggestion and I’m sure you have the resources to do this, find a few thousand people on each kind of console all over the world. Have them sign a non-disclosure agreement and then have them play a finished or nearly finished version of your upcoming games so connection and server issues could be ironed out. I’m sure you could find plenty of people. Personally I would do it for nothing if it helps my fellow gamers get the product they expected to get.

I know some of you run betas and that helps some, but for those who don’t have the finances or interest in doing that, here’s your cheap and easy solution.

Thank you for even reading this note. Maybe someone will use it wisely and I hope it gives you some new ideas.
Sincerely,
Shane Amos
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: My letter to Game Developers   My letter to Game Developers EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:37 pm

I submitted this letter to EA, THQ, Activision, and Ubisoft using their consumer help areas. That way I knew I would have to get some kind of answer.

My first answer came Friday from EA. Short form is thank you for you suggestion and it has been passed onto the development team but please post suggestions to the game forums as developers frequently consider those suggestions for new ideas. (BS in my mind but any way.)

My second answer came from THQ (Developers of the sadly lacking Homefront) and they said, "We do not consider suggestions from consumers and no further action will be taken." Not even a thank you. Hmmm
Back to top Go down
fingerhitter
Captain
Captain
fingerhitter

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: My letter to Game Developers   My letter to Game Developers EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:27 pm

We do not consider suggestions from consumers.....................what the hell kinda of answer is that!!!!!!!!!!!! consumers buy the god damn games! no consumers, no income, no jobs!

Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: My letter to Game Developers   My letter to Game Developers EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:01 pm

Maybe that's why that company cut 30 jobs last week?
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: My letter to Game Developers   My letter to Game Developers EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 am

Shamos98 wrote:
My first answer came Friday from EA. Short form is thank you for you suggestion and it has been passed onto the development team but please post suggestions to the game forums as developers frequently consider those suggestions for new ideas. (BS in my mind but any way.)

My second answer came from THQ (Developers of the sadly lacking Homefront) and they said, "We do not consider suggestions from consumers and no further action will be taken." Not even a thank you. Hmmm

EA - professional business
THQ - garbage - I personally will never purchase a game from this company again just because of that response.
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: My letter to Game Developers   My letter to Game Developers EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:57 am

I wonder if that was a disgruntled employee or if it was an actual policy. I think the email should be posted publicly somehow. Also, I agree with Don. That is not the type of company I care to support.
Back to top Go down
Jessica101
Captain
Captain
Jessica101

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: My letter to Game Developers   My letter to Game Developers EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:00 pm

I think you should send your letter and responses to your national press, I'm sure at least 1 paper would be happy to run with a story like that. Just think of how much business a company might lose with that attitude - very satisfying Wink
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: My letter to Game Developers   My letter to Game Developers EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:40 am

Good idea Jess

That is a disgussing response
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: My letter to Game Developers   My letter to Game Developers EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:34 am

I went back through my emails and here is the response I got. Did I read that wrong?

On 4/1/2011 you posed a question to THQ which was noted as inquiry 147254.

The question you posed and our response are listed below.

Your Question, Comment or Feedback:
Feedback Rating: 2

Just a suggestion for game development. see attched file

Response :

Thank you, Shane, for contacting THQ Customer Support.

I'm sorry, THQ does not accept unsolicited game ideas. We do appreciate your interest in THQ games, and strive to make games that everyone will enjoy. We cannot use your suggestion or view it at this time.
Best regards,

Jodie G
THQ Customer Support
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My letter to Game Developers   My letter to Game Developers Empty

Back to top Go down

My letter to Game Developers
Page 1 of 1