Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You knew this question was coming...

Go down 
+8
DA_FRIDGE1
tripl_b
DonMat23
phatmike21
JC_Buckwilder
jp93
Shamos98
MercuryRising
12 posters

Who is going to prestige immediately?
Hell yes I'm going to prestige and go all the way.
You knew this question was coming... I_vote_lcap25%You knew this question was coming... I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
Hell no, 65 levels and no reward other getting an extra custom class setup and a badge. I'm staying at 0,65.
You knew this question was coming... I_vote_lcap75%You knew this question was coming... I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2008-02-05

You knew this question was coming... Empty
PostSubject: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 7:58 pm

So, who here is going to prestige? There are some here that may drop World at War all together (I'm not one of them). I've got almost 1 day of playing time into this game and I'm only at level 46. Granted, I've spent 85% of my time playing Hardcore TDM. I'm sure if it was 85% HQ or S&D I would be further along since I don't nearly kill at the rate of JP, Roy or JRod.

Also, all the good weapons that seem to me would be force multipliers are in the final levels. I would like to get that M1A1 and clear it to see if it comes with a scope like the M1 Garand.

So, new poll. Who will pretige right away and who is going to stay put for a while?
Back to top Go down
http://www.newenglandps3clan.webs.com
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 8:43 pm

Allow me to clarify my answer on this one. Shamos98 will be stopping at 65 and then more or less stepping aside. He will pass his experience onto SGM Plumley who will be working his way through all levels using the hard lessons learned previously.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
jp93
Captain
Captain
jp93

Number of posts : 1132

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 9:22 pm

I have decided ( Reluctantly ) that I will take jp93 to level 65 and then start playing on STP_MaLice. My only incentive for staying on jp93 was that I was really high on the leaderboards.

In realizing that I need to have a life again, I will set the leaderboards away and work on an outstanding Win/Loss ratio. Thats one thing that I did not have on CoD4 and is one of my major goals in WaW.

I hope you guys can help me achieve this goal.
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 9:25 pm

I'll just take JC_Buckwilder to level 65.
Honestly, I haven't decided regarding STP_Feros_Ferio, but considering how much time it takes to prestige, and my upcoming schedule, I will resist for some time.
Back to top Go down
phatmike21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
phatmike21

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 9:33 pm

I'm only going to 65 on either profile and I thought I was one of those that merc was refering about leaving however the hardcore modes have saved me and funny as hell HCS&D is my fav game. Although I dont see my self playing this cod like I did cod4 thats why I'm not prestigeing plus the gun I just unlocked is why I'm loving HC modes so I'm not giving it up for nothing.
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 10:21 pm

Same as the rest....DonMat23 to 65.....STP_Blitzkrieg to the END !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 12:09 am

DonMat23 wrote:
Same as the rest....DonMat23 to 65.....STP_Blitzkrieg to the END !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

word!!
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 1:26 am

im gonna keep going for as long as i can, i havent played much hcs&d so im gonna try to get used to the maps with it and say to hell with my k/d ratio since when my levels were erased i went from about a 1.3 to a .98. i will go to 65 and unlock all the guns and see if there are some i might like, but i will stay on 65 and not prestige. btw, mike what gun are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
phatmike21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
phatmike21

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:18 am

The sgt 40 or 44 something like that its like a full auto g-3 its pretty badass. When you unlock the telescopic sight (acog) its even better.
Back to top Go down
xDARKxSENTRYx
Captain
Captain
xDARKxSENTRYx

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:16 am

Like mike said, the SGT-44 saved my game play and when you add the ACOG it gets even better.

I am staying at level 65 with 'Sentry' then I will start with the STP account, not sure yet about going past 65, don't know if I have the will.

I haven't reach the gold cross with COD4 yet so I might continue with that first.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:49 pm

ive been waiting to unlock that gun, i think ill like it.
Back to top Go down
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 7:40 pm

If you like the Type 100, you'll love the STG-44. With twice the range, it's great with the suppressor and the scope is very good but you have to squeeze one round off at a time from a long distance to have a chance on making the kill. It's a staple weapon for me.
Back to top Go down
patdr
Captain
Captain
patdr

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 8:20 pm

Since, I can't seem to get into this game more than COD4 I'll probably stay at 65 and I'll also probably stay on [patdr]. Hopefully something sparks my interest a little bit more with this game because so far it isn't.
Back to top Go down
meatpistol21
Captain
Captain
meatpistol21

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 6:11 pm

65 and im done, i just can't shake cod4 though, i play w@w for a minute and i just have to go back to cod4 to prove to myself that i don't suck!

i should start a new profile for w@w:

STP_CAMPER_KILLER

YOU LIKE THAT CORNER HUH? EAT IT! AAAAAHAHAHA!

then i usually eat bullets or a bouncing betty for my trouble.
Back to top Go down
jp93
Captain
Captain
jp93

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 10:38 pm

Well I've bit the bullet and decided to prestige. I am extremely glad I did because this game seems to be much more of a challenge to level than the repetitiveness of COD4.

However in doing so, I have learned a few tricks of the trade to quick leveling from my old buddy SmashMouthDee (Old member, never joined up officially) He is almost 3rd prestige and taught me some pretty valuable things about leveling.

Basically, you need to complete challenges. I know this sounds like old news, but in CoD W@W it is a much more rewarding experience if you do. IMO, it seems as if the levels are much closer together in terms of experience points than they are in COD4. I think that this is to compensate for the 10 extra levels they threw in.

Anyways, I have found that by completing all available gun challenges, it is almost a given that you will gain at least one or two levels (In the upper levels) through the course of completing these challenges.

Completing the gun challenges has lead to me gaining 27 levels on first prestige in a matter of a few hours of game play.

To sum up what I have been saying, if you are going to prestige, no matter how tedious they may be, complete all the gun challenges. It will be very rewarding when you are gaining levels left and right.

One more thing. I know most of you don't like to play HQ or Domination in W@W, but in my experience, they are extremely rewarding game modes when it comes to gain of experience. In both games, you can easily gain points through guarding flags and relentlessly attacking the other teams. People always go for kills and camp in these two modes, and the best way to rack up kills is to destroy those campers and get the bonuses for capturing the flag.

However that is just my $.02, but trust me, it does help.
Back to top Go down
phatmike21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
phatmike21

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 2:02 pm

Well I have decided to not prestige but as in cod4 prestige keeps pulling at me like an awaiting misstress so if I can let go of the flame thrower and the ptrs I may just end up jumping in.
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 7:34 pm

The question to me is will i ever make it to level 65 lol
Back to top Go down
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:34 pm

MART1N_NUFC wrote:

It took me just over 2 gaming days (mostly playing Hardcore TDM) to reach 65. It takes me about 24-27 hours of game time to prestige playing COD4.
Back to top Go down
jp93
Captain
Captain
jp93

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:27 am

Yes acquiring the seemingly just out of reach level 65 is a pain, but the flamethrower is pretty Bad A.
Back to top Go down
phatmike21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
phatmike21

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:14 pm

MercuryRising wrote:
MART1N_NUFC wrote:

It took me just over 2 gaming days (mostly playing Hardcore TDM) to reach 65. It takes me about 24-27 hours of game time to prestige playing COD4.

Actually it would be double realtime to game time. The game clock is just in the game clock it doesnt count all the time we are in the lobbies and waiting to group up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You knew this question was coming...   You knew this question was coming... Empty

Back to top Go down

You knew this question was coming...
Page 1 of 1