Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

waw is coming to a close

Go down 
+2
Shamos98
DA_FRIDGE1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

waw is coming to a close Empty
PostSubject: waw is coming to a close   waw is coming to a close EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 2:54 am

i dont know how much longer i will have this game, i just get aggrevated every time i play it and i still hate the guns. i will keep going till i give up on it which will probably be in the next couple weeks at the most, unless something miraculous happens.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: waw is coming to a close   waw is coming to a close EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 7:52 am

I can't say that I don't blame you. My reasons are mainly because I can't connect with anyone. I got 7 invites in an hour last night and could not accept any of them. When I finally got together with a few of you guys we lost people as soon as we tried to get into a game. And what is with that "server connection lost" after every round? And not being able to connect with our Euro friends? I know my connection is not the best but being able to play just 2 games at a time before being kicked is starting to wear thin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: waw is coming to a close   waw is coming to a close EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 9:27 am

Yea i get the same Shane the "server connection lost" apart from Free For All it doesn't seem to happen as much - which is good as if you find a group of people you can take out with a good K/D ratio 30 - 8 or so you want to stay in for as long as possible.

As for connecting with my dear friends across the pond who knows when that will be sorted, going to check the official forums and see if theres a big thread about the US/UK connection. But i won't be playing as much multiplayer as i can't get with you guys and its harming my win/lose and K/D ratios unless i play F4A. So now i'm starting to get behind the levels currently on 24 with people racing to 40-50's and getting the better guns.

I think i will play a little co-op and play the single player on the hardest level and battle my way through to get the trophies, while going back to Far Cry 2 to complete that along with playing Little Big Planet lol its a fun relaxing game after i have screamed at the CoD5 servers for awhile plus its free since i'm renting it, then later this week i should have mirrors edge to try.

I think i was lucky that i picked up CoD4 in Feb 08 and not on realease date otherwise i may have thrown the towel in on CoD4 and missed all what i have had, fingers crossed it gets sorted in a couple of weeks MAX otherwise i too will be back to CoD4 only.
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: waw is coming to a close   waw is coming to a close EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 12:43 pm

Minor Complaints:
- some connection issues
- occasional trouble receiving invites to parties

Frustrations:
- A few of the levels are just too easy to camp on.

I imagine the connection issues will improve. I trust it is something that can be managed. When I am not receiving invites that I know are being sent, I just exit out to the main W@W menu, then enter multiplayer --> online again, and that seems to correct the problem.

Regarding the camping... it is the danger in getting what I ask for. I wanted levels with more cover and foliage, but I didn't want opponents to simply just lie in the grass and never move, or pick ruble at the end of a hallway and camp with a machine gun. We played a number of games of HC TDM last night and there were a couple of game where every one of us were cursing the F-ing campers. That lead to heated exchanges in between games and in the end, a couple of teammates dropping mid-game to turn a close loss into a blow-out.

Maybe another solution would be for me to play less HC TDM or play some other game mode all together.

Even with these complaints and frustrations, I really enjoy the game. Hopefully you guys will give it a bit more time. When you find yourself too frustrate, try Co-op campaign and Co-op Nazi Zombies, they are a blast, and sure to lighten the mood, especially if you put on the exploding heads cheat. Just hit a head shot in a bunker or trench. Their head explodes like a flame thrower/grenade combo... pretty sweet. If not, I'll likely see you on COD4 eventually anyway. I don't plan to completely abandon it.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: waw is coming to a close   waw is coming to a close EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 2:52 pm

if anyone wants to do the zombie board and can bring me into it on coop ill be down with it. im probably gonna start playing s&d and try out war on hardcore.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: waw is coming to a close   waw is coming to a close EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 3:12 pm

Fridge when are you going to be available?
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

PostSubject: Re: waw is coming to a close   waw is coming to a close EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:42 pm

I'll be down for some zombie blasting or Co-op campaing late tonight. Prob not before 11 though. BTW, Sckit loves Nazi Zombies, so ask him if you see him online.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: waw is coming to a close   waw is coming to a close EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:53 pm

What is 11:00 PM? This old guy is down just after the sun sets.....
Back to top Go down
clickhappy
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
clickhappy

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: waw is coming to a close   waw is coming to a close EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 5:53 pm

I would love to play some Zombies!
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: waw is coming to a close   waw is coming to a close EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 6:01 pm

I'm definately down for some Zombies.....I'll be on after 8:00
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

PostSubject: Re: waw is coming to a close   waw is coming to a close EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 9:33 pm

Shane,

I've figured out a trick. By shaving 2-3 hours off of my sleep schedule, I have extra time to play W@W. Not bad, huh? Now some would argue that I live more life than those who sleep an average of 8 hours (read: one third of your life). However, as it turns out I'm likely to die earlier from the stress of too little sleep. So the only thing I gain is immediate gratification. That something, no?

For this reason, I prefer Billy Joel's view, "only the good die young."
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: waw is coming to a close   waw is coming to a close EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 1:20 am

yeah and i can imagine medical school being a little stressful at times.

ill be on tomorrow for a little while between 530 and 7 cst and then after 9 ill be on. i helped meatpistol on his house the past few days and im whooped, plus i had to catch up on some shows i recorded and needed to watch. sons of anarchy, life, the office and entourage are the only thing i watch besides football and the occasional movie. but anyway looking forward to zombie killin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: waw is coming to a close   waw is coming to a close Empty

Back to top Go down

waw is coming to a close
Page 1 of 1