Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First Reviews Please

Go down 
+10
phatmike21
fresh52
DA_FRIDGE1
xDARKxSENTRYx
weddingsinger
Shamos98
MercuryRising
DonMat23
tripl_b
STP_Captain_Slow
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

First Reviews Please - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 2:29 am

i just dont kknow about this game, now that ive got a little time in im disappointed. the guns SUCKSUCKSUCK, there is 1 or 2 good guns ive run across so far and its not looking like its getting much better.

the maps SUCK, there is no place you have your back covered. any place you go your back or side is totally open and they are too big. im getting sick of constantly getting shot in the back or meeting up with someone with a rifle at a distance and getting blasted because the only guns worth using are the tommy and the other sub machine gun. or running across the map after enemies only to have them get killed and i have to turn around and run back across the map.

i dont like the spawning, ive played hq a few times and you spawn in the same place for the most of the game. or you spawn with someone standing in front of you or right behind you.

have you been in any tunnels or semi dark areas? it is impossible to see people. even in broad daylight some of the boards have so much wreckage on them you cant see someone poking there gun over the top of a wall or something, or even someone just sitting still.

i like the graphics and it gets fun at times, so im gonna keep playing and see if some guns grow on me. its making me really want to play cod4 more than anything. i miss the M4 and the AK
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 9:49 am

DonMat23 wrote:
Love it

I'm changing my mind....I don't love it. I like it.

I agree alot with everything that Fridge said. So far the only guns I see myself using are going to be the SMG's or shotguns, I know it's a WWII game but I don't like the rifles at all. I also miss the M4, AK and the Skorpion. I agree the maps are a little too big but that's not the real problem IMO. Campers...there are way too many spots to camp and it gets very frustrating.

I'm really enjoying the single player campaign and going to try and finish it up today and also still have to do Co-op.

I did take W@W out after about maybe an hour last night and I played some Modern Warfare, I needed my fix, ....COD4 really is so much better.

BTW....playing HC SnD on Broadcast last night, I had to take care of some business, my team was so bad, I had to kill the entire enemy team last night in one of the rounds, I killed all 6. If you want something done you've got to do it yourself. lol!
Back to top Go down
jp93
Captain
Captain
jp93

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 9:57 am

Damn it am I going to be the only one playing W@W
Back to top Go down
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 11:22 am

No, jp I'll be playing WaW too. and don is right, it's only ok and definitely inferior to COD4. I'm looking forward to COD6 though when I'm sure IW will bring back the modern warfare and it will really kick ass.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 12:05 pm

ill still be playing jp, though i will probably cussing a whole lot. i also seem to have trouble connecting with you. i need to run my ethernet cable instead of wireless.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 12:22 pm

I'm going to be staying with it also I'm liking the challenge. Like Fridge, I couldn't accept your invites JP, I kept getting server full notices whatever that means, maybe it was the almost 60,000 ppl online last night. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
jp93
Captain
Captain
jp93

Number of posts : 1132

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 12:36 pm

okay
Back to top Go down
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 1:20 pm

After reading Fridge's and Don"s comments I would like to add a couple of points. First, what game modes are you mostly playing? The reason why I mention this is because of the fact that we (at least I have) been playing Hardcore for so long now that I have trouble playing and enjoying the other game modes, especially HQ. And that's in World at War and COD4. We are all trying to rank up quickly and in our haste, we are being careless.

But playing hardcore more (either War, TDM or S&D) I've really enjoyed COD5. COD5 skinned COD4 and they are 75-80% similiar. But that 20-25% difference is humongous. It seems to me and (JP pointed this out) that COD5 is more teamwork oriented than COD4. Just having a second chance perk exemplifies this point.

The "lone wolf" hunt has begun on COD5. Lone wolf and "running & gunning" will be an endangered species on these maps and the game will have to slow down for you to be successful.

I'm not giving up on this game, not even close. Like I said the other day, Skcit was ready to throw in the towel before going hardcore and then he became a beast. So I hope you hang in there with COD5. It's something new and there is a learning curve here like with anything else new. Once we get more time in and experience and get ahead of it, then things will fall into place like they did with COD4. Patients.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newenglandps3clan.webs.com
phatmike21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
phatmike21

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 1:36 pm

I'm just frustrated with the overall quality of the game the graphics of the map seem great but not so great with the people and movement. The thing thats pissing me off is they made a game that won goty twice and they switch up the people that design it thyats crap. Well I feel cheated and thats pissing me off plus the comment was made you know it ww!! but the guns in ww!! were badass and I'm run'n around with a BAR and its a joke the m1 is a bad ass rifle in which some of the most explosive sniper rifles today are modeled after such as the M-21 and M-25 which are both M1's so I feal like they disrespected the war era also. huh well thats my opinion.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 2:51 pm

i just got high enough (leveling) to play hc , and will try it tonight. i play tdm almost exclusively, i can hardly stomach hq and im finally getting to where im comfortable enough with the maps to play s&d. it also aggravates me when someone is running with a machine gun and we see each other at the same time and by the time i pull my gun up and shoot once using an smg, he has time to stop running pull his gun up and kill me. in cod4 it takes time to stop and pick up your sights, and the bigger the gun the longer it takes. i will say this though, i have knifed more people in the first 4 hours of waw than i did after 2 days of cod4. i really want the bouncing bettys, they look like theyre fun to mess with.

i will be on tonight probably from 9pmcst till whenever, and im looking forward to playing with my clanmates. ive kind of been avoiding people because ive been having trouble connecting and didnt want to spend my first hours trying to constantly connect with everyone, so if you sent me and invite and i didnt join im not hating on anyone i just wanted to learn the maps without connection distraction. now im ready for some teamwork and to try to have some fun. see you on later.

oh and the keifer southerland voice is f'n cool. he even cusses sometimes, which is funny to me.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 3:13 pm

"F#$%ing Outstanding!!!" I wonder if this is removed in the graphics and language setting. Anyone know? I don't care because it's just me and my dog listening. I was thinking about those of us with children in the house.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 3:32 pm

Okay...JP, I'm not going to stop playing W@W I am going to play it, I just don't find it to have the WOW !!!! factor that COD4 has, nothing does and I really don't think that anything will for a long time.

I truly mean what I'm about to say, I think that Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare is probably the best & worst thing to ever happen to console gaming. Everyone who has played it is going to compare every new game to it and nothing will be able to knock COD4 off the top of the mountain.

YET ?!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
fingerhitter
Captain
Captain
fingerhitter

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 6:12 pm

got the game today!
cant connect to any of you guys in the US, sh*T!
lobby keeps freezing up on me so i have to restart my ps3! sh*T!
after every game finishes i get kicked out, Sh*t!
now i cant connect to any game what-so-ever! Complete Sh*t!!

from the short time i have played it (about an hour!) it seems ok, some of the guns suck! but will keep at this, its nice to get a change from COD 4 but first impressions are that it doesn't compare, which is a bit of a bummer!!!
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 10:22 pm

I was having problems connecting about 1 or 2 hours ago. I couldnt get into any matches and my lobby screen would freeze for about 5 seconds everytime I selected something ie: classes, barracks, leaderboards.
Back to top Go down
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 10:28 pm

I read on www.COD4forums.com that the servers were down this afternoon maybe for as long as 2 hours but should be back and working now. Just as long as it is up and running by the time I get home, I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newenglandps3clan.webs.com
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 11:09 pm

Is anybodies stats not updating?? i'm on level 17 but my stats in the leaderboard board is still showing 9???

I hope it catches up i've been murdering people on Free For All gettin a 3:1 ratio on most maps!!

Well i've played on a good number of the maps maybe 10 or so and apart from a couple that either have way to many building to go in or little to big they seem canny, Done is my favorite since i've just went 30-5 lol with a nice 7 dog kill (they have nowhere to run lol)

Apart from the bloody connections to you guys which really annoyed me the single player is canny good but maybe over to quick so probs will go back over on the highest level and get the trophies. I wouldn't mind trying the co-op once connections are sorted. Guns arn't to bad although i'm suprised how easily i can get killed off some guns but the Thompson and the MP40 are my favorite (ofcourse)

Hopefully catch you online soon.

-Martin
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 5:10 am

my internet connection kicked me off tonight and when i loaded back up i had dropped from level 25 to 21, meatpistol dropped some levels also. im not sure whats going on but it better come back, my k/d was much higher the first time. my bouncing betties are gone!
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 3:35 pm

Yeah Martin, I did notice that some of my best performances weren't recorded, one was 26 and 3 in deathmatch, but I assumed it was because the bootcamp deathmatches don't go towards your stats. Maybe for that reason.

BTW... NOTHING BUT LOVE FOR THIS GAME. IT MIGHT JUST BE BETTER THAN COD4. I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE I'M WRITING THAT, BUT I AM REALLY ENJOYING IT. Truth be told, I bought the game not because it interested me, but so that I could continue playing you you guys. I didn't want to be left behind. So I guess you could say my expectations were low. Anyway, this game rocks.

I'll provide more of an opinion once I've opened up the hardcore, etc.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 4:03 pm

buck, dont let cod4 die!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 6:31 pm

I hear ya fridge. Just fire me a message to draw me away once in a while. Maybe once the newness and wow factor wane I'll be less enamored of W@W.
Back to top Go down
patdr
Captain
Captain
patdr

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 6:57 pm

Overall, I like the game. HOWEVER, maps are too dark and some are just way too damn big. Takes forever to find anybody. I'm also having some connection problems I never had before. I had to go back to COD 4 for a little last night. I still give it a good review though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 7:43 pm

you guys gotta chill about the connection problems cause there was 100,000+ people on last night and thats huge i mean in cod4 there was maybe 20,000 or 30,000 at a time so thats more than triple i wouldnt knock the game for the connection give them time to adjust. and the darkness of the maps is because in WWII it was also dark so i can see why there dark. if your having trouble just adjust your tv to make it brighter see if that helps you at all.
Back to top Go down
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 9:58 pm

that's one thing that does annoy me. the "it was WW2 thing so it was dark" thing is total BS (I'm not picking on your Jrod, because I've heard that said on the COD boards as well). was there a difference in the way the sun shined light on things back then or is everything nowadays just brighter? Rolling Eyes I could see shit better on wetworks than I can in broad daylight in this game.
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 10:21 pm

Tripl_b

I like that. it makes it feel more real. Characters on COD4 stood out too much against the background. Furthermore, only Overgrown, Creek and maybe Downpour offered situations where there could be decent use of the foliage for concealment. In W@W the uniforms are greens and greys, intended to be difficult to make out against a grey cement of war torn German/Russian cities and the greens of Japanese foliage. Admittedly, I think they have tried to move more towards teamwork and strategic movement and cover and camouflage. Notice there are also many more walls and things to take cover behind. Also, grass that you can hide in, but that can also burn. Also, the maps being larger, including multiple stories in buildings, etc., and ultimately make for less choke points. Maybe in Hardcore S&D that will be hard, I don't know because I haven't unlocked it yet, but in TDM for me it has worked.

I suppose it comes down to preference, huh? It either rubs you the right way or it does not.
Back to top Go down
fingerhitter
Captain
Captain
fingerhitter

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:12 pm

when playing online today i turned my brightness up on my tv, sounds simple but it worked well! the graphics on some maps resembled the quality on cod 4 all because the darkness had been lifted plus it made it a hell of a lot easyer to see the opposition, try it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Reviews Please   First Reviews Please - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Reviews Please
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next