Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PSN Out of Service

Go down 
+8
weddingsinger
tripl_b
MercuryRising
JC_Buckwilder
Shamos98
SERUM-X
STP_Captain_Slow
DonMat23
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PSN Out of Service - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:15 am

Latest Rumor......

The PlayStation Network has been down for a while now. We've been warned that it may be down for a little while longer. Now Sony says it could be weeks still before the PSN is fully operational.

Sony's Shigenori Yoshida has told Bloomberg that his company's deadline for the full return of all PlayStation Network services is May 31. The PSN went down on April 20.

While you'd assume/hope that signing into the network and playing games online are the first things to come back up, Yoshida says that Sony is "uncertain" when the PSN will actually get back up and running.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:14 am

Shamos98 wrote:
Latest Rumor......

The PlayStation Network has been down for a while now. We've been warned that it may be down for a little while longer. Now Sony says it could be weeks still before the PSN is fully operational.

Sony's Shigenori Yoshida has told Bloomberg that his company's deadline for the full return of all PlayStation Network services is May 31. The PSN went down on April 20.

While you'd assume/hope that signing into the network and playing games online are the first things to come back up, Yoshida says that Sony is "uncertain" when the PSN will actually get back up and running.

I think something else is going on now....let's say the new target date is May 31st. I know next to nothing about hackers, viruses, computers or anything along those lines. But I find it very hard to swallow that this problem was so severe that it's taking SONY over a month to fix this. Come on !!!! "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:47 am

Sounds like they had to completely rebuild everything (servers, programming etc), that is the only thing that makes sense at this point.
Back to top Go down
Jessica101
Captain
Captain
Jessica101

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:22 pm

I'm hoping they'll manage to sort the mess out by June. It's a long shot, I'm not holding my breath, but I might just cross my fingers at the end of this month. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:07 pm

From what ive been reading online, it seems like sony is anticipating another or numerous more attacks on the system in the near future. There is a group of hackers named anonymous that have take credit for the attacks and are now backtracking because of legal issues, but if your interested in readin more about it i found a webpage that describes more or less what exactly is happening the title is "Anonymous Hacking Group Declares War Againat Sony – DDoS Attack on Sony Servers"

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/04/anonymous-hacking-group-declares-war-againat-sony-ddos-attack-on-sony-servers/

Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Damn LEEROY!!!! I knew you were getting your hacks from somewhere, thanks for finally sharing the source!!!
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Yea sounds like a big rebuild rather than just a quick patch job. Not too sure if it is anonymous as they already had a crack at Sony in Feb, and they don't usually go after personal data.

I just hope they hurry up.
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Contradicting reports are coming out saying that 31st May was never said

Lets hope this is true
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Just read the report that emphasizes the goal is "the entire network" will be up by May 31.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20110509/tc_pcworld/6weeksuntiltheplaystationnetworksback;_ylt=ArL78BrKFTVqnDEK353ak9kK77EF;_ylu=X3oDMTNoY2JwbGdxBGFzc2V0A3Bjd29ybGQvMjAxMTA1MDkvNndlZWtzdW50aWx0aGVwbGF5c3RhdGlvbm5ldHdvcmtzYmFjawRwb3MDMTEEc2VjA3luX3BhZ2luYXRlX3N1bW1hcnlfbGlzdARzbGsDNndlZWtzdW50aWx0

just read this as well:
"Sony is quickly preparing to return the PlayStation Network to active status after an attack took down the network and compromised user accounts two weeks ago. As it does, more information is surfacing on the identity of the culprits behind the attack. Infamous hacker group Anonymous has been suspected as the likely attacker, but the group has denied involvement. On Friday, members of Anonymous disclosed, in statements made to the Financial Times, that one or more members of the anarchic collective were involved in the takedown."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/20110506/tc_mashable/will_the_playstation_network_hackers_strike_again;_ylt=AsC.7HofB42YZolm38zAFz8K77EF;_ylu=X3oDMTN1OTNiNTdkBGFzc2V0A21hc2hhYmxlLzIwMTEwNTA2L3dpbGxfdGhlX3BsYXlzdGF0aW9uX25ldHdvcmtfaGFja2Vyc19zdHJpa2VfYWdhaW4EcG9zAzI5BHNlYwN5bl9wYWdpbmF0ZV9zdW1tYXJ5X2xpc3QEc2xrA3dpbGx0aGVwbGF5cw--
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:02 am

Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:10 pm

I finally got one in before Serum....

PSN Restoration Timeline Update
Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

I know you all want to know exactly when the services will be restored. At this time, I can’t give you an exact date, as it will likely be at least a few more days. We’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work through this process.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Well it appears the wait is almost over thanks to a tweet by the official PlayStation Netherlands Twitter account.

According to the tweet testing is currently being run by a select group of users from Japan, Europe and America on the PlayStation Network.

A translation of this tweet says the following;

"@snickel86 Currently, a select group to test the network. Territories = Japan (Asia), Europe & America."

Could this mean the return of the PlayStation Network is close? If testing has begun by users you would expect the Network to be returning pretty soon.

Sony are yet to officially comment on this tweet.
Source: PlaystationNL
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:34 pm

It better be back by the weekend!!

I want my trophies!!! lol
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:56 am

I'm eager to sign on. My vacation is rapidly passing me by and I've been looking forward to gettting some multiplayer in for the past 3 months.

That being said, I want it to return once and better, not with hiccups and further problems, so I'm trying to be patient.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:29 pm

From Electronic Gaming Magazine....

Reports indicate the internal PSN developer network is apparently back online, suggesting that online play, matchmaking and other services may be back very soon.

"The internal PSN developer network is online again," claims NeoGAF user Kagari, who says a number of developers have confirmed these reports. "Things are still a bit shaky at the moment such as lack of new account sign up. Looks like the network, at least the online play/account part of it, will be back soon."

Sony is still keeping pretty quiet about the whole thing, with the last post from Patrick Seybold on the PlayStation Blog saying it would be "at least a few days" -- that was three days ago.
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:50 am

Not good.. Read this tonight. The first couple of paragraphs are below, here is the link if you want to read the entire article.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110513/wr_nm/us_sony

By Jim Finkle Jim Finkle – Fri May 13, 5:48 pm ET
BOSTON (Reuters) – Sony Corp's computer networks remain vulnerable to attack three weeks after the company learned that it had been victim of one of the biggest data breaches in history, according to an Internet security expert.

The expert found a handful of security flaws in Sony's networks while remotely studying its systems via the Internet to see how difficult it would be to penetrate the electronics giant's systems in the wake of the attacks.

Security researcher John Bumgarner discovered a potential bonanza for hackers by using little more than a web browser, Google's search engine and a basic understanding of Internet security systems.

"Sony still has several external security issues that need to be addressed," said Bumgarner, chief technology officer for the U.S. Cyber Consequences Unit, a research group funded by government and private sector grants that monitors Internet threats.

Bumgarner, a well-regarded Internet security researcher and U.S. military special operations veteran, identified a handful of flaws that would be easy for a hacker to identify and potentially exploit.

Sony did not respond directly to Reuters on the security lapses that Bumgarner said he had uncovered, but three of five flaws that Reuters pointed out to the company on Thursday were fixed later in the day.
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:38 pm

I just turned on my ps3 and its currently downloading an update
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:44 pm

Sony Computer Entertainment introduces increased security measures ahead of PSN service restoration.

Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) and Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will today begin a phased restoration by region of PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. The phased restoration will be on a country by country basis beginning in the Americas, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.

The first phase of restored services for North America and Europe will include:
Sign-in for PlayStation Network and Qriocity services, including the resetting of passwords.
Restoration of online gameplay across PlayStation 3 and PSP.
Playback rental video content, if within rental period, of PlayStation Store Video Store on PS3, PSP and Media Go.
Q Music Unlimited, for current subscribers, on PS3 and PC.
Access to third party services such as VidZone and MUBI.
'Friends' category on PS3, including Friends List, Chat Functionality, Trophy Comparison, etc.
PlayStation Home.
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Looks like we may be back up !!!!!! I'm downloading the update also.
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:48 pm

The download keeps getting interrupted and have to start over...

They probably have EVERYONE trying to download at the same time lol
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Same here Luis. Sad
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:09 pm

Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Here is a link to the PS3 blog and they put up a map of the USA and one your state is live and the psn is running they will have it iluminated.

the blog says that they have begun to restore the PSN right now

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/play-on-%E2%80%93-psn-restoration-begins-now/
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:18 pm

The Northeast should be up and running
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 11:27 pm

I'm up running, changed the password, as required and could sign into games. Now I'm too tired to do anything. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

PSN Out of Service
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Special Tactics Protocol [STP] :: Merc's Lounge archives-
Jump to: