Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PSN Out of Service

Go down 
+8
weddingsinger
tripl_b
MercuryRising
JC_Buckwilder
Shamos98
SERUM-X
STP_Captain_Slow
DonMat23
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:05 pm

From Playstation Twitter

Latest Update on PSN Outage
+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media
While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can.
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:20 pm

Buggar thats why i can't get on now how am i supposed to link my new Portal 2 account to Stream!!!
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:40 am

Is it back up yet?
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:56 pm

Nopers. If you try to sign in now, instead of an error you get that the PSN is down for maintenance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:26 pm

This is actually fortunate news for me. I finished my last day of medical school today. I kinda wanted to kick back with a beer or ten and throw on the PS3. Unfortunately I agreed to help a friend edit a paper, which means I'll be up late and busy for much of tomorrow. Now I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Bummer though for most people. It better be back in action by the time I am done with this paper tomorrow! Of course, I don't really even know what anyone is playing anymore. Actually, I don't even know what I want to be playing. I probably need to buy a game.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:40 pm

Latest Update

An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:50 am

What, like a hacker?
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:08 am

April 23rd Update

We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.

We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:00 am

We all know that Sony is "working around the clock" to get the Playstation Network back up and running however they have been very quiet about just when the network will be back up.

Website PSX Extreme spoke to Sony earlier today in regards to how long the PSN will be down for and they estimated that it will be back up and running Tuesday at the earliest and by the weekend at the very latest.

We know Sony are working hard but they will have to work even harder in order to make things up to their fans.

Matthew Bennett - Online Journalist EGM Digital Media
Back to top Go down
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:21 am

I would be pissed if I paid for the service or had just bought a brand new game that requires to be on the network. I did try to get on all weekend and was disappointed that I couldn't play. This is a unprecedented event. A possible preview of things to come perhaps...
Back to top Go down
http://www.newenglandps3clan.webs.com
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:33 pm

We all know that Sony is "working around the clock" to get the Playstation Network back up and running however they have been very quiet about just when the network will be back up.

Website PSX Extreme spoke to Sony earlier today in regards to how long the PSN will be down for and they estimated that it will be back up and running Tuesday at the earliest and by the weekend at the very latest.

We know Sony are working hard but they will have to work even harder in order to make things up to their fans.

Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:34 pm

As Sony's forced PlayStation Network and Qriocity outages continue, stretching into what is officially Day 6, the company issued a very un-update to would-be users this morning: "Unfortunately, I don't have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time," said corp. comm. director Patrick Seybold on the PlayStation Blog. "As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we're working to get them back online quickly."

Speaking to PCWorld, SCEJ spokesperson Satoshi Fukuoka clarified that a "thorough investigation" was ongoing into what the company has characterized as an "external intrusion" into its system, which prompted the service suspensions. More troubling than any frustration caused by downtime over this past weekend, however, is the continued uncertainty about the extent of the attack. According to Fukuoka, Sony had yet to determine if users' personal information or credit card numbers had been accessed by the apparent hackers. If that's found to be the case, he assured, Sony would promptly inform those potentially affected.

On Saturday, Seybold noted that "additional security" would be put in place before the services relaunch, calling this "re-building" effort both "time-consuming" and "necessary."
Back to top Go down
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:04 pm

I saw this on the net today. You would think Sony has better security than that being an electronics company.

I haven't played anything online in a long time. I picked up AC2 and just got Crysis 2 so I'll be playing offline for a little longer.
Back to top Go down
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

Number of posts : 1252

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:06 am

It's not just Sony. Amazon's hosting services took a hit, affecting sites like Reddit. Even one of the DJ chat boards was having trouble. He ended up blocking all IP traffic from China and was working on Romania yesterday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.RNBWeddings.com
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:33 pm

i read somewhere amazons problem stems from the cloud service. is the ps3 cloud up and running yet? maybe they hacked through there somehow
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:41 pm

Yes it is Fridge, for Plus subscribers.

Here's the latest news/rumor that I've seen.
According to PSX-Scene former moderator, "chesh," the now six-day-long PlayStation Network outage is the result of a particularly exploitative custom firmware (CFW) modification for PS3. In a post on Reddit, chesh claims that a CFW known as "Codename: Rebug" had given its users the ability to log into PSN as if they were doing so from a developer console (or "debug unit").

As a result, chesh contends, this same exploit allowed its users to add funds from "dummy" credit card accounts into their PSN wallets, ostensibly giving them the ability to "unlock" (read: steal) certain PlayStation Store content. Joystiq's research into the purported exploit has turned up multiple tutorials detailing the process, which appears alarmingly easy to execute on consoles running the Rebug CFW.

The hack does not allow its users to access the credit card or other personal information of PSN users, chesh adds. Nevertheless, as we reported earlier today, Sony is working to rule out information theft as part of its investigation during the maintenance outage in which the company is also implementing new security measures.

Sony has not yet responded to our request for comment on this story.

[Image source: rebug.me]
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:45 pm

This just out. It took them long enough to admit this one to us. I'll link it rather than copy it.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/
Back to top Go down
xDARKxSENTRYx
Captain
Captain
xDARKxSENTRYx

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 6:28 pm

I hope it comes up soon, was hoping to make 15th prestige this weekend.
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:47 pm

Hey

Just got this email from Sony PS:

Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer:

We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have:

1)     Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;

2)     Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and

3)     Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state/province, zip or postal code), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence that credit card data was taken at this time, we cannot rule out the possibility.  If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, to be on the safe side we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security, tax identification or similar number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking.  When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password.  Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant to review your account statements and to monitor your credit or similar types of reports.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience.  Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority.  Please contact us at www.eu.playstation.com/psnoutage should you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment Teams

-M
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:01 am

Tomorrow will be one week that its been down....it sucks but with it O.O.S. I've been able to catch up on shit that I needed to do around the house and also catch up on my single player campaigns.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:06 am

The Playstation Network could return from its forced downtime with a number of heavily requested new features.

If the rumours are to be believed then Sony are aiming to try and get users back on side by offering features like cross-game chat and in-game video chat among others.

An Engadget forum poster claiming to be a Sony employee had the following to say;

"As we are rebuilding the network, we are taking into consideration in implementing features such as cross game chat and in-game video chat to name a few," they wrote on the site in response to user queries about the PSN down time.

"I cannot confirm any new features at this time but expect a massive update when the network is restored."

Of course this is all just pure rumour with no official word from Sony however the member has been posting reliable information regarding Sony for the past few months so there might be something to it.

Source: Engadget
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:35 am

Got to give it to them.. VERY CLEVER!!
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:32 pm

This could get interesting.

That being said, I hope they hurry the heck up. I waited months to catch up with you guys online and now I can't. This is a bummer. I hope it is back online before my vacation is over.
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 6:29 pm

This is now getting stupid!!!!
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:46 pm

Yea it has but it's given me time to complete Portal 2 going to do co-op over the weekend then might look over a few other games lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PSN Out of Service Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Out of Service   PSN Out of Service Empty

Back to top Go down

PSN Out of Service
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Special Tactics Protocol [STP] :: Merc's Lounge archives-
Jump to: