Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

Number of posts : 1252
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Been mentioned?  Online Split Screen Multiplayer! Empty
PostSubject: Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!   Been mentioned?  Online Split Screen Multiplayer! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 4:34 pm

I'm going to list my copy of MoH on Amazon, because this is huge for my house. Treyarch announced that you will be able to play online multiplayer with a splitscreen. Great so that my gal and I will be able to play with everyone at the same time. She'll log in as a guest (Weddingsinger(1)), and will be terrible, so don't go thinking it's me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.RNBWeddings.com
Deathscythe_
Major
Major
Deathscythe_

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!   Been mentioned?  Online Split Screen Multiplayer! EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 7:33 pm

I remember reading about this earlier. I think it's a great feature to add since anyone with you can join in online. The only downside I've seen so far is that when the other person is signed in as a guest. They get to level up and progress through the game but as soon as they sign out it's gone. Of course this doesn't apply to the Xbox 360 though. Lucky them Neutral
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!   Been mentioned?  Online Split Screen Multiplayer! EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:36 am

wow that is garbage, ive been waiting for split screen forever and theyre gonna pull some crap like that on ps3 players? if thats true im not buying it.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!   Been mentioned?  Online Split Screen Multiplayer! EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:49 am

here are a few things i read about bo. sorry if someone already posted it. i wonder if a party leader can bump someone from the lobby and invite a friend when they come online. instead of having to back out. i read about the progress going away with split screen, but i havent read that it will only apply to ps3 users. as long as its fair with xbox and ps3, im on board. your split screen buddies should be able to use your loadouts, i hope. also, it looks like you will be able to customize emblems as well. this game is actually starting to sound promising, and im getting excited about it. i might be picking up a copy the day it comes out. that way i can say i have BO!

Custom Games Editor: Players will have the ability to structure their games at all new levels of granularity. From variables as simple as Time Limit and Score Limit, or as deep as which weapons, Perks, and gear. No longer do custom game modes rely on the "honor system." And all Custom Games can be placed in File Share for friends and the community to browse, download, and play.

In-Game Friends List: A built-in Friends List in the user interface will enable players to browse Recent Players, Friends, navigate their File Shares, Recent Games, and Combat Records. The system is designed to streamline the social process within the game, making it easier to send invites and join friends' games.

Regional Matchmaking & Party Privacy: Call of Duty: Black Ops will support regional matchmaking filters on a global scale. So, no matter where you're in the world, you will have the ability to specify whether you want to match with players from other geographical regions, or only those local to you. This will make communication and lag a much less intrusive variable on your gameplay experience.- wont help for the most part with the clan but if no ones on.....

Additionally, given Black Ops will support joining games in progress via the streamlined in-game Friends List interface, a Party leader will be able to lock down his lobby to Invite Only, Friends Only, or even close it altogether if he wants to be in complete control over who enters and exits the Party Lobby.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!   Been mentioned?  Online Split Screen Multiplayer! EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:53 pm

check this link. this game is sounding awesome.

http://www.codblackopsnews.com/
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!   Been mentioned?  Online Split Screen Multiplayer! EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 7:21 pm

DA_FRIDGE1 wrote:
check this link. this game is sounding awesome.

http://www.codblackopsnews.com/

Stop being so Bipolar Fridge!!!
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!   Been mentioned?  Online Split Screen Multiplayer! EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:28 pm

when death said only xbox peeps were gonna be able to keep their stats it pissed me off, but i havent seen anything saying that. im okay with it as long as we arent discriminated against. i think im bipolar sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Deathscythe_
Major
Major
Deathscythe_

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!   Been mentioned?  Online Split Screen Multiplayer! EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:50 pm

DA_FRIDGE1 wrote:
when death said only xbox peeps were gonna be able to keep their stats it pissed me off, but i havent seen anything saying that. im okay with it as long as we arent discriminated against. i think im bipolar sometimes.

Sorry Fridge. It's true Sad

Multiplayer Online Split-Screen Support
Let’s get started with what I believe is the most unknown, yet confirmed, aspect to Call of Duty: Black Ops Multiplayer -- the online split-screen support we’ve re-introduced to the franchise! This applies to both the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3.

The Facts:

* You can connect a 2nd controller and bring a Guest online (i.e. "JD_2020" & "JD_2020(1)").
* Guests can rank up, earn unlocks, etc -- all Guest progress goes away once signed out.
* (Xbox 360 only) You can bring a 2nd, Gold Xbox LIVE account online!
* (Xbox 360 only) Both players with full online accounts can rank-up while playing split-screen, as if on two separate consoles.

There's a lot more to read on if you want. Here's the link
http://www.callofduty.com/intel/407?path=intel/407&path=intel/407
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!   Been mentioned?  Online Split Screen Multiplayer! EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:49 pm

Well i have called up my local "video game dealer" and i will once again be buying the game a good 4 to 5 days before the game is released like me and Donmat did last year.

Last year we had it by Thursday night. This year the guy said he is not sure exactly when but should be before Saturday.

For anyone who wants to find someone in their area who is selling it early go on craigslist and do a search for Black Ops. I found a couple people on there who will also be selling it early in case my guy fails. There was actually a guy who said he already had 5 copies of the game and was selling it for $150 a piece and i could have met him today to pick it up about 10 minutes from my house.

So guys try and find a way to get it early cause it would be pretty cool if we could get a good 4 to 6 people playing this game by next Saturday night.

Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!   Been mentioned?  Online Split Screen Multiplayer! EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 11:11 am

I guess its not so bad since u have to buy a second account to actually rank it up. I thought it would save it as an addition to ur account. Since I don't have to pay any online money to play this game I dont feel so bad.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!   Been mentioned?  Online Split Screen Multiplayer! EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 11:12 am

If someone is trying to sell me a 150 dollar game I'll wait till it comes out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!   Been mentioned?  Online Split Screen Multiplayer! Empty

Back to top Go down

Been mentioned? Online Split Screen Multiplayer!
Page 1 of 1