Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Medal of Honor

Go down 
+7
tripl_b
SERUM-X
STP_Captain_Slow
DA_FRIDGE1
gluis01
Shamos98
DonMat23
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:51 pm

Just wondering if anyone else is getting MOH on Tuesday?? I'm definately getting it....just got my reminder call from Ashley of Gamestop.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm supposed to have it in my hands sometime Tuesday. At least that's what I paid for...
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 1275

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:01 am

Yeah i got a text today from Gamestop reminding me i have a pre order for it. So i guess i should go get it.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:37 am

i need details asap. if you dont mind
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Yea same here i'm waiting for your guys views on it, plus with CoD out in 4 weeks tomorrow i'm not sure it'll be worth it so i might wait till Xmas where i have settled in to CoD and completed the Single Player on Vet as well as broken in GT5 and get it £10-£15 cheaper.

But if you guys give it sparkling reviews i may get it.
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:52 pm

DonMat23 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else is getting MOH on Tuesday?? I'm definately getting it....just got my reminder call from Ashley of Gamestop.

Loved her squeaky little voice.
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Yeah....I usually would never trust a voice (from past experiances) but she sounds like she might be hot. Her FN' voice would drive me up the wall though, I would have to shove something in her mouth to keep her quiet.
Back to top Go down
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:34 pm

From other websites I've been on, it's not gotten very good reviews.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Then again the people I've talked to today that picked it up last night seem to like it a lot. I'll let you know after tonight. "Out for delivery" right now Smile
Back to top Go down
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:43 pm

i'm also looking for clan member reviews. Going to work tonight. First chance I could play will be this weekend. Please let us know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newenglandps3clan.webs.com
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:14 pm

I'll tell you what, since I'll be up playing way too long tonight anyway (I do know me that well) I'll stream some of both single player and multiplayer on my JustinTV account and then every one can watch them at their leisure, since it saves everything for at least a week. Then I don't have to edit and format down to 15 minutes for youtube. Just be prepared to see me die a lot and get stuck on stuff... because that's what I do. Very Happy

Here's the link http://justin.tv/shamos98 and videos are available soon after I stop broadcasting.
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:06 pm

Well, I am not that impressed with either the single or multiplayer. The single player campaign is very easy so far. The AI is terrible. I am playing on the hardest mode and I find myself right beside them and they are not interacting (shooting at me) with me.
The multi-player is just different. I haven't been doing bad by any means but the feel is just very different. It doesn't seem nearly as smooth as MW. Everything just seems smaller to me. Every map/game I have been in so far has had some sort of lag issues.
I am going to keep playing and see if it gets any better.
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Yeah the few games of multiplayer that ive played its been a bit laggy. When i go to aim my sights its seems to skip just a little bit most of the time.

Fridge i know your gonna hate this game. so dont bother buying it. Its not COD it feels like battlefield. If you want a new game that feels like COD just buy the Call of duty games that come out every November.

The hit system is very much improved from what i remember the beta being, although it might just be that it was because i was playing in hardcore.

The weapons selection SUCK. You only have 1 gun for each of the 3 classes you start with. If you preordered at gamestop you get a bonus gun. And the Customization of the guns are also very limited.

When you get killed you have NO IDEA where it came from. So snipers can have a field day killing you .

Overall its not a bad game. Its Basically another Battlefield 2. So dont buy it if you didnt like that game.
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 pm

This is a good game...not great !!!!!

Like Chubby said with the single player campaign....I'm also playing the hardest mode and it is not difficult at all.

Multi-player I played one game and backed out......I'm going to try it again and pretend that I didnt play a game before.

Not crazy about multi-player just yet.....Hold off on this one guys just a little while longer.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:26 pm

Well I like it. Yes some of the games were laggy tonight but this is not a COD game. There is no kill cam, get over it. To win you need to work as a team and use communication. Running through killing everyone doesn't get the job done. You will need to use cover and work together to move forward when attacking. When defending, and I can't say this loud enough...DEFEND!!! Don't run out there going for kills, in most objective modes they only have a certain time limit to get in there and if everyone is in their spawn, one person can loop behind you and take it.

As for the single player, I got sucked right in and didn't really want to stop but I promised you guys that I would record some of this for you. Sorry about the quality, I'm still playing with the settings on my new equipment. And as I predicted, I died a lot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:46 pm

i doubt if ill be able to but im gonna try to rent it. bf2 was just too big and people too hard to kill.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 6:26 am

I was actually surprised at how easy it was to kill people sometimes last night. I've been playing a lot of BC2 and it would take 4-5 hits to put someone down. I was firing the same way last night and getting 2-3 hits and the points would come up that I killed them, by then I was just wasting ammo. That's if I could see them before they killed me.
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:10 am

I think what Luis was saying even in Hardcore you could tell where you were being hit by the blood markers in the direction you were being hit. Does MoH have this or is it simply your dead.. go figure lol

Well by first impression looks like it could be a Xmas purchase for me.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:44 am

There are hit markers on you if you are getting hit but there is also the random, boom you're dead, mostly from snipers.
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:39 am

Honestly shamos even when you feel where the hits are coming from it doesn't really help you if you die. At least not now since i dont know the maps.

But like i said before this is pretty much battlefield. Though the maps are smaller and more like a COD map.
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 6:34 pm

This is a review I read today:

EA’s storied franchise Medal of Honor is a familiar name to old-school shooter fans, but in recent years it’s taken a backseat to the massive success of Activision’s Call of Duty games. This week, however, it storms back into action for the first time in three years -- and it’s facing hot competition from the next Call of Duty game, Black Ops, due in about a month.

Though Medal of Honor is releasing today, it’s been making headlines for several months. EA’s decision to allow gamers to play as the Taliban in multiplayer matches proved a lightning rod for controversy. Ultimately, the game found itself banned from sale on US military bases, and facing harsh criticism from the British government.

But the Taliban are gone -- or, to be more precise, they were renamed “Opposing Force” in a widely criticized decision. So now that that's settled, does Medal of Honor achieve its goals of producing a tribute to American special forces troops, or is it a poor second to the all-conquering Call of Duty series?

Broadly, the consensus is the latter. As of the time of writing, review aggregation site Metacritic puts the game’s various versions around the 75% mark, a very far cry from last year’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which wound up averaging in the mid-90s. Combine that with a couple of standout low marks from respected outlets Giant Bomb and IGN -- both of whom give it a disappointing 6/10 -- and it’s clear EA has wound up off-target.

Still, there’s significant praise from some quarters. Eurogamer was impressed by its multiplayer balance, its tight class system, its weapon customization (“complex and rewarding”), and its level playing field for pros and novices alike.

Over in the game’s solo campaign -- a different game from the multiplayer, really, with its own graphics engine and even a separate developer -- things aren’t so strong. Harking back to the game’s Taliban controversy, Eurogamer says the game “does little to advance the theory that videogames are responsible enough to tell stories within sensitive contexts ...a shame it lacks the creative bravery to match the courage of the heroes it so reveres.”

“Medal of Honor is one of the bigger disappointments of 2010,” says IGN. With “cliched shooting-gallery levels,” “no real investment” in characters, and an interface that “seems to deliberately lead you in the wrong direction,” says Arthur Gies, “Medal of Honor walks into a quagmire it never really escapes from.”

Again, though, its multiplayer comes in for qualified praise: it’s “an interesting gray area between the twitchy shooting of Modern Warfare and the more strategic use of terrain and positioning of Bad Company 2.” The maps are boring, however, says Gies, who expects the game to lack the remarkable staying power of its competition.

Several critics also raised concerns over technical issues: IGN called it “one of the most unstable console releases [they’ve] seen so far this year,” citing bugs with graphics, sound, and gameplay progression. Even Gaming Trend, despite an overall overall positive tone, wonders if competition from a certain other game might have lead to a rushed release. Our advice: wait until November, when we’ll see how the Call of Duty half of this head-to-head plays out.
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:41 am

Wooow
Back to top Go down
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

Number of posts : 1252

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 11:16 am

I'm not very impressed by this so far. Multiplayer just isn't presented in a way I think is very fun. Single player is decent, though apparently very short.

I got a $20 credit towards my next video game from Amazon (for buying MoH) and have already used it towards BlackOps. I intend to beat singleplayer today, play multi a little, but will probably sell my copy and get my money back.

Oh, and love that you have to enter a code for multiplayer. So if my wife wants to play (and she does) we'll have to spend another $10 to get a 2nd code, or play under my tag.

Specific multiplayer complaint: Defending, trying to keep them from planting bombs, I ran straight to one sight and they had already planted (game said it was 11 seconds). I really don't think they should be able to beat me there, but the screen didn't show anything telling me to defuse the damn thing. Still said 'defend the site' or whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.RNBWeddings.com
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:18 pm

weddingsinger wrote:
Oh, and love that you have to enter a code for multiplayer. So if my wife wants to play (and she does) we'll have to spend another $10 to get a 2nd code, or play under my tag.

I can't really argue with that. However the code is not to play multiplayer, it is to get future content that they have planned coming out. On Bad Company 2 they called it a VIP code (which I think is a better name than the online code, less confusion) and I believe it is to get a chunk back from the used gaming market... greedy bastards. Here's a little better explanation of what it is but it is still tied to one account. http://www.ea.com/1/online-pass
Back to top Go down
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

Number of posts : 1252

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 4:17 pm

My bad about the multiplayer, I misunderstood.

I beat singleplayer in about five hours. While it was decent, I liked the variety, it's still playing on rails, infinite bad guys (in spots) until you move up, and very short. The ending felt like the 1/3 mark.

A nitpick: the company screens take 2 seconds to load when you start it up, but the start menu takes 22 seconds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.RNBWeddings.com
Sponsored content

Medal of Honor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor   Medal of Honor Empty

Back to top Go down

Medal of Honor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next