Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MOH Beta - PS3

Go down 
+7
tripl_b
DA_FRIDGE1
gluis01
SERUM-X
Jessica101
Shamos98
STP_Captain_Slow
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-10-06

MOH Beta - PS3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:28 pm

I will be there. I get off between 5-6pm so I may be a little late.
Back to top Go down
Jessica101
Captain
Captain
Jessica101

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:57 am

Well, after trying the Beta I've noticed a few things:

Mmm, my opinion is - jury still out!

It seems like they've tried to make it quite realistic but it falls pretty short, after all, it's easy in real life to jump over a small boulder or walk up a steep hill, but not in this game. Also, there's no peek and lean, which even MOHA had.

There's far too many on each team 6 - 7 players each side would be perfect. With 12 each side there's always going to be 5 - 6 snipers every time, no fun for objectives , especially when they position themselves around our spawning point.

Overall I'll give it 4/10 for my first try. I'm hoping my score will improve with time, and that the actual game itself will be much better than the Beta.

I suggest we all go for the EA forum and tell them where they're going wrong, maybe they have time to make changes still - it's worth a go.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/3870.page
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:02 am

Okay for anyone interested in trying the beta but doesn't want to pre-order, it is now available for download in the New Releases section of the PS Store in the US.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551

PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Okay so I was slightly wrong, this beta is in the New Releases section of the US Playstation Store for anyone who played Battlefield 1943. Sorry for the misinformation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:56 pm

MOH Beta, first impression...
- Fast paced, but not as chaotic as MW2
- Seems to be more players per map than MW2

- Map size is decent. The terrain is complex with lots of cover and concealment points, though they aren't ideal for camping, because there are many flanking routes.
- The Landscape is well designed and the battles chaotic and you feel immersed in the battle (more similar to BFBC2 than MW2).
- Semi-destructible environment adds to the gameplay. You have to distinguish between cover and concealment. It is always fun to see the trees cut down by machine gun fire or the damage C4 can do. It ain't quite BFBC2, but it is just enough to make it believable.

Dislikes:
- When you die, it is sudden and the screen cuts out. You often don't
know from which direction, but it usually at least indicates what type
of weapon killed you.
- Some of the spawn point can drop you in a shit storm, but then you can (similar to the battlefield franchise) choose whether to deploy on the frontline or behind the frontline.
- The damage is unrealistic at times. You may have put 6 or more bullets into someone and they don't go down, but you get popped and really don't have a sense of whether or not it was a lag issue, or what the hell happened. And there seems to be the issue of running through gun fire to knife as in the COD series.

Impression:
- I think EA has done a nice job. It is certainly more of a real battle feel than MW2 and I always welcome that.
- I don't think that they have taken any risks or advanced the genre in anyway, but it feels like a solid and immersive FPS.
- I have to say, they balanced the feel of the weapons with the pace of the game, which isn't always easy to do. That is to say... making the sound and recoil feel authentic, without letting it interfere with the pace of the game.
- I need more time with it and probably to play the entire game to determine if it is worth $60 or whatever it will be released at, but as of now the answer is no. It isn't different enough from the other FPS in my collection to really change warrant that.

I'll probably give more feedback as I figure out the weapon upgrades and the like.
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Do you think it will be worth it to purchase to play the single player. I will most likely buy it to play the single player and toy with the multi-player prior to reselling it.
Back to top Go down
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

Number of posts : 1252

PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:43 am

I'm not terribly impressed with MOH so far. I suppose all it would need to do for me is dial back the mistakes of MW2 (like people able to run a billion miles per hour and just fire Akimbo weapons)
Back to top Go down
http://www.RNBWeddings.com
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 5:15 pm

DICE, who is developing the MP aspect of the game, isn't developing the SP campaign, so it could be quite different. Guess we will have to wait and see.

I hear that Weddingsinger.

Actually, I've found my first "no deal" issue in so far as purchasing it. Unlike some games with crappy spawns where you are killed instantly, whether it be campable and predictable sites in the early MW2 or as with troop spawning in, for example BFBC2, where you may spawn into a hot zone, MOH Beta has a real issue. You body appears in the game prior to you being able to control it. Therefore, you can actually be killed before you even assume the role of the character and thus literally spawn dead!!! It happened to me three times today in one match and I turned it off. I'm thinking about deleting my Beta because this is among the most frustrating issues I've experienced in MP gaming. I will, however, try to post it on the EA forum, so that they are at least aware of it.
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:54 pm

Im actually excited for this game. Let's not forget here fellas its a Beta, so obviously there are going to be alot of bugs that are hopefully fixed prior to the games release.
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:48 pm

Yes, I'm sorry, I was a bit harsh. Best to calm down before commenting. I was just frustrated at the time.

Very valid point. Betas are for working out the kinks. Apologies.

There is quite a bit I do like about the game.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MOH Beta - PS3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2