Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New patch Just released

Go down 
+2
MercuryRising
Shamos98
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2008-02-06

New patch Just released Empty
PostSubject: New patch Just released   New patch Just released EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:09 pm

According to the callofduty.com boards, Patch 1.03 has just been released and people are downloading it now. It is a large file 170mb and according to some has fixed some more of the glitches and added a Makin Day map. I don't think it will help much with the worsening lag and connection problems but you never know. Smile

This is not the rumored DLC but a patch including one new map. Just in time for Killzone 2 release, kind of makes me wonder. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: New patch Just released   New patch Just released EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 1:54 pm

Thanks for the update Shane, I'm going to download it in a couple of minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newenglandps3clan.webs.com
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: New patch Just released   New patch Just released EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 2:36 pm

Yup thr SGM is correct it is a big ole file.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: New patch Just released   New patch Just released EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 2:51 pm

From the developer...

I wanted to give you a drilldown on some of the most pertinent items addressed in this update.

Addressed in this Update:
* Added support for downloadable maps – free downloadable map “Makin Day” now available to Xbox 360 & PS3.
* Improved host migration functionality.
* After Action Report now displays full post-game stats.
* Nazi Zombies is now unlocked for solo & co-op games for EVERYONE in both private and public games!
* Added defensive measures to prevent “Stats Reset” when corrupt data is detected.
* Addressed issues where some solo progression data was lost when a player had collected Death Cards in a split-screen co-op game.
* Patched all known MP map exploits – this fix will also prevent players from passing through geometry/terrain if a new hole is discovered.
* Patched a number of Nazi Zombie exploits.
* Addressed an issue commonly referred to as the “elevator glitch.”
* Disabled “Rocket Jumping” – this eliminates the extra boost created by all explosive weapon types.
* Addressed some score reporting anomalies in the War and CTF leaderboards.
* Blocked the ability of players with lower level accounts from accessing higher-level Perks.
* Addressed an issue in Search & Destroy where bomb planting/defusing was disabled when opening the overhead map.
* Disabled ability to get unlimited ammo when prone with a deployed bipod.
* Addressed an issue with Bouncing Betties triggering when the player is within the detonation radius but behind a solid wall.
* Improved squad functionality.
* Fixed an exploit where Hardcore matches could be ended immediately by team killing.

We hope you enjoy the new updates, and the new map - will see you on the battlefield!

Regards,
-JD
Back to top Go down
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: New patch Just released   New patch Just released EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 3:21 pm

Wow, W@W might actually be a really great game now. Kinda sucks they waited until just now to do all this stuff but at least they got around to it.

BTW, Makin in daylight = awesome
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: New patch Just released   New patch Just released EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Addressed in this Update:
* Improved host migration functionality. - Good thing hope this continues with CoD6:MW2

* After Action Report now displays full post-game stats. - Good thing hope this continues with CoD6:MW2 + the Web Stats as i enjoyed looking at that

* Added defensive measures to prevent “Stats Reset” when corrupt data is detected. - This should never take this long to sort!!

* Patched all known MP map exploits – this fix will also prevent players from passing through geometry/terrain if a new hole is discovered. - Same as above if they knew how to stop this even if people find "Holes" they should have put this code in from the start (i know maps can't be perfect)

* Patched a number of Nazi Zombie exploits. - Same as above

* Addressed an issue commonly referred to as the “elevator glitch.” - Again same as above

* Disabled “Rocket Jumping” – this eliminates the extra boost created by all explosive weapon types. - Need i say it again

*Blocked the ability of players with lower level accounts from accessing higher-level Perks. - What was this about ?!?!?

*Addressed an issue in Search & Destroy where bomb planting/defusing was disabled when opening the overhead map. - Again what was this about?!?

* Addressed an issue with Bouncing Betties triggering when the player is within the detonation radius but behind a solid wall. - This is simular to the Claymore as Infra Red can't really go through walls anyways

* Fixed an exploit where Hardcore matches could be ended immediately by team killing. - This is a must for CoD6:MW2
Back to top Go down
jp93
Captain
Captain
jp93

Number of posts : 1132

PostSubject: Re: New patch Just released   New patch Just released EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 8:41 pm

I just might play cod5 the next few days.
Back to top Go down
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

PostSubject: Re: New patch Just released   New patch Just released EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 11:48 pm

jp93 wrote:
I just might play cod5 the next few days.

DITTO
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: New patch Just released   New patch Just released EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 9:42 am

Well I didn't get much chance to play last night, damn this life thing, and since I haven't played in a couple of days anyway, I'm not sure I can give a complete assessment of the patch but I did finish every game for once. Except the ones where the host was getting their ass kicked and left. So connections were better than they have been lately.

Spawning is still f^&*ed up but that's part of the game, I love spawn/ die. NOT!!

I haven't really seen that many people glitching lately but those were all supposed to have been fixed with this patch and I didn't see anyone trying last night so can't say for sure that there aren't still some out there.

I didn't get to play Makin Day, maybe DonMat did and can tell you something more about that. Again, I was having a rough night last night but I think the hit detection was somewhat improved it was only taking half a drum to put a target down, instead of a full drum.

Just to add one more thing, it was too funny to pass up. I was just browsing the forums and there is someone complaining on there that he spent 3 hours last night trying to get the glitches to work and none of them worked. Shocked How's that for pathetic, complaining because you can't cheat anymore?

Last edited by Shamos98 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New information)
Back to top Go down
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: New patch Just released   New patch Just released EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:24 am

I played with Don and Fridge yesterday for a few games of HCTD. We got to play 3v3 on Makin Day and it was pretty cool. They've made some slight changes to the map other than just making in daytime, which I like. there's a lot less water. it takes some getting used to, but overall a good map. especially since it was free. btw, we won.

in playing yesterday, I didn't see any glitchers either. it seems it got around pretty fast except to the retard shamos mentioned. I did have some serious lag issues at first, but eventually with new hosts they went away.

so far, so good with the new patch.
Back to top Go down
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

PostSubject: Re: New patch Just released   New patch Just released EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm

I had a hard time and couldn't download the patch during the day today so I'll try tonight when I get home from work. I'll look for you COD5 regulars when I get hooked up.
Back to top Go down
Jessica101
Captain
Captain
Jessica101

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New patch Just released   New patch Just released EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 8:14 am

Wow, you have been busy. Thanks for the info Shane honey.

I didn't get to play the new Makin map, as ususal everybody voted to skip as soon as the word Makin appeared lol.

Spawn, die was the routine last night. Not the best night's gaming ever unfortunately. I'm keeping my fingers crossed tonight's better.

COD4 was just as bad, not, actually it was a lot worse. COD4 was really jerky too. Now I remember why I don't bother playing it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New patch Just released   New patch Just released Empty

Back to top Go down

New patch Just released
Page 1 of 1