Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PS4 released in the US

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PS4 released in the US Empty
PostSubject: PS4 released in the US   PS4 released in the US EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 8:55 am

Any of my US counterparts received their PS4's??
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: PS4 released in the US   PS4 released in the US EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Honestly I'm gonna wait a few more months maybe a year before I see if I should get one. The fact it doesn't play ps3 games or play 3d movies is a big deal to me.
I would only play cod on the ps4 anyway so why would i get something that I know most people who play with me or used to play don't have.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551

PostSubject: Re: PS4 released in the US   PS4 released in the US EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 6:59 pm

I got mine today. I plan on sitting down and going through the set up tomorrow when I may finally get a chance to take my time and doing it right. It sure is pretty though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: PS4 released in the US   PS4 released in the US EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:10 am

Martin, I read somewhere that when you set up your PS4 and get the update, everything should work. I'm not certain about the 3D playback. I went looking for one today and everybody was sold out, just like the PS3 was. I hope to pick one up by Christmas. Anyways, looking for updates when you guys get playing. My big question is this, is there going to be a significant graphics improvement like PS3 had over the PS2? And if not, is it worth paying the $$$ to have one right now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.newenglandps3clan.webs.com
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: PS4 released in the US   PS4 released in the US EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 2:04 am

I read somewhere today that it should be running games at 1080p instead of 720p which is a big difference if ur tv and proper cables are set up.

But the ps4 will not play 3d blue ray movies. There might be an update at some point in the future .
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: PS4 released in the US   PS4 released in the US EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 9:31 am

Yea the graphics should be a big improvement (I hope) although aparently PS4 ghosts has a bug in it that when running on the PS4 @ 1080 it sticks every so often so hopefully that'll be sorted before our launch.

The other things is the division between PS3 and PS4 users.

Luis: What setup changes will i need to run @ 1080 or will the usual HDMI cable etc be enough? Plus i've just bought a brand new 46" Samsung so that should be fine.

Shane: Keep me update dude!!! just got an email last night saying i will get mine on UK release date (29th Nov) so i have cancelled one of my pre orders and keeping the other 2 (because i paid £305 for the one that i haven't heard of yet (£40 off) so i will just sell one on ebay or to a friend)
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551

PostSubject: Re: PS4 released in the US   PS4 released in the US EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 4:47 pm

Not surprising but there were some issues, not with the set up but with the online part but 2 hours later it seems to be working. Downs side, on BF4 I'm pretty much stuck with a whole new button layout that can't be changed and no bluetooth headsets are supported at this time. Upside it seems to all work pretty well now. Now for those of you who have more than one gamer in the house, if you have the camera, it can be set up to recognize the face holding the controller and sign that person in automatically. It will do this for up to 4 people, so if your buddy comes over they can play on their account not as Player 2. Next up, if you have a Vita it can be set up as a controller with a mini screen.

And Martin if you run through an HDMI cable (which looks to be the only option) and have your TV set up to auto detect you'll whatever the game is running at. BF4 is running at 1080i and looks amazing in the campaign so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: PS4 released in the US   PS4 released in the US EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 released in the US   PS4 released in the US Empty

Back to top Go down

PS4 released in the US
Page 1 of 1