Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Theory on the "Connection Problems"

Go down 
+2
tripl_b
MercuryRising
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Theory on the "Connection Problems" Empty
PostSubject: Theory on the "Connection Problems"   Theory on the "Connection Problems" EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 10:05 pm

I've been thinking and observing why we might have problems with connecting to partys. (This doesn't count for the US/UK connection issue since the Sergeant Major found the answer to this problem). And if you guys already thought of or knew this, I wished you would have shared it here so I would not have to type this out.

My theory and observation is this: Whoever the host is has to have you on their friends list for you to go into the party. For example:

I'm the host and I invite everybody on my friends list that is displayed, they should be able to come in to the party. But let's say I invite DonMat23 in and he invites somebody on his buddy list into my party that is not on my friends list, then they are not going to get in, since I'm hosting the party and they are not on my friends list.

This doesn't account for why tripl_b and I have had the hardest time trying to connect in a party. tripl_b seems to be the only member (U.S.) that I can't connect to on any type of basis. I think we've connected 2-3 times and 2 of those were tripl_b playing on the other team.

Anyway, that's a theory I have. I'm dissappointed but not surprised that Treyarch doesn't have the multiplayer squared the f**k away. I guess InfinityWard gave them just a starter kit to skin from and not the total package.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newenglandps3clan.webs.com
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Theory on the "Connection Problems"   Theory on the "Connection Problems" EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 12:12 am

yea, I'm as frustrated as you are merc. I'm playing mostly by myself since I can't connect much with anyone except fresh. Not doing too bad, but it's not as fun as playing with you guys.
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Theory on the "Connection Problems"   Theory on the "Connection Problems" EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 8:02 am

yea same here trip
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Theory on the "Connection Problems"   Theory on the "Connection Problems" EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 8:15 am

I'm not really sure that this is what's going on. I think it is just shitty servers. I can only seem to connect to JP and that only happens 1 in 5 tries. I get invites, I say "yes," and them get some kind of error message. These are not invites while I'm in game (sometimes, yes) but often I'll have just been kicked ("server connection lost") at the end of a game. I've even gotten invites popping up while idle in the lobby by myself (trying to decide what I want to do) and been unable to accept. I have discovered that just like COD4, I can not host games which means it is very unlikely that I will invite anyone into a party. Sorry but that's the way it is going to be unless I re-wire my landlord's house and that ain't going to happen.

I also am beginning to wonder if invites are instant or if they are taking a minute or so to get to us, by which time the game has already started. Has anyone checked this? Maybe we're just going to have to pre-invite through the PSN.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: Theory on the "Connection Problems"   Theory on the "Connection Problems" EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:34 am

From callofduty.com.....Last Night

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you a quick update to a situation that we are aware of and are actively investigating.

Some of you may be having issues with your PlayStation 3 versions of Call of Duty: World at War, whereby at the end of a game you are being disconnected from the party or service, and have to start matchmaking all over again. We understand how frustrating this may be.

This appears to be a side effect of an interaction between the game and Sony’s latest 2.50 & 2.52 firmware revisions which you likely downloaded as a routine system update. We are working closely with Sony to find a solution.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and will keep you updated as we learn more.

Regards,
-JD

JD is one of the developers from Treyarch
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

PostSubject: Re: Theory on the "Connection Problems"   Theory on the "Connection Problems" EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 1:08 pm

Nice find Shane, wish they said something about not connecting atal to the US/UK
Back to top Go down
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Theory on the "Connection Problems"   Theory on the "Connection Problems" EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 1:10 pm

well at least we know they're working on it...
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: Theory on the "Connection Problems"   Theory on the "Connection Problems" EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 1:35 pm

Martin, I didn't not find anything specific regarding that but my previous post about different versions seems to be what is going on here. And the only difference between the 2 versions seems to be one of the settings for displaying player names on multi- player, something about color of the name. Just about as stupid an excuse as you could find.
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Theory on the "Connection Problems"   Theory on the "Connection Problems" EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 1:48 pm

well i can see that the call of duty series still doesnt know how to get the connection problems figured out. as u guys know i was probably the one with the worst connection problems out of everyone on here and i had a cable internet connection. but i moved and now i have a different cable company so hopefully when i get back online i hope the servers are figured out i wont have that connection crap problems
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

PostSubject: Re: Theory on the "Connection Problems"   Theory on the "Connection Problems" EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 7:43 pm

Shane if your on about the names being blue for your friends well i have that as i played ONE match with fingerhitter and he was blue while everyone else was the usual,

I was also hoping they may have picked up on the HQ points colour as i still think i have killed someone when in fact i have just got another 5 points for holding the HQ.
Back to top Go down
patdr
Captain
Captain
patdr

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Theory on the "Connection Problems"   Theory on the "Connection Problems" EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 8:16 pm

Luis we've been waiting for your return like 5 months now. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory on the "Connection Problems"   Theory on the "Connection Problems" Empty

Back to top Go down

Theory on the "Connection Problems"
Page 1 of 1