Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What do you think

Go down 
+2
Shamos98
STP_Captain_Slow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: What do you think   What do you think EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:50 am

Well its nice to see my friends list alight again with people all on one game.

Safe to say i've played my fair share the past two days and i'm really enjoying it, Kill Confirmed was an excellent addition and by the time i left last night i was just touching the top 250 in Kill Confirmed.

Maps are good and as far as i can see it should be harder to spawn tube. Loving the fact i can have my Main weapon with the skorpion as a free secondary (no need for overkill) this should also please Singer.

What do you's think?
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2008-02-06

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:20 am

I'm just going to have to go with it's okay. Pretty much the same feel as always with some new maps. It's pretty much what I expected. I'll be playing once in a while but it won't be my top game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

Number of posts : 1252

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:15 am

I played through the single player campaign first, and liked it.

So far, multiplayer feels about right. Nothing seems overly cheap, but we'll see.

My wife and I spent two or three hours playing the Spec Ops endless wave of enemies one. Very challenging. By the time we got put down for good (level 26), there were helicopters, dogs, soldiers, suicide bombers, and at least one juggernaut.
Back to top Go down
http://www.RNBWeddings.com
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2008-02-16

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:21 am

I'm going to pickup my copy today so I'll let you know later on today what I think.
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:28 pm

DonMat23 wrote:
I'm going to pickup my copy today so I'll let you know later on today what I think.

Ok my first impression, about MW3, I like it alot. I don't love it....yet. I've only played multiplayer so far and I don't think its that bad. Very fast (running and gunning) style just like the COD games.. Campers when you play TDM but hey I've learned to live with it. As far as all the "stuff" Killsteaks, Strike Packages, Weapons Levels and so on and so on, my head is spinning. I have to take sometime to figure it all out.

Single player and Spec Ops I'll get back to you but I'm a old skool single player fan and I've loved all the other COD (except Black Ops) single player campaigns so I'll expecting to love this one.
Back to top Go down
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:29 am

Don, the wife and I are hooked on the Survivor Wave stuff. Absolutely brutal. Our record is level 30 on 'Underground' map, where you get attacked, simultaneously, by:

a little bird helicopter
three juggernauts, at least one has a riot shield
a squad of soldiers in heavy body armor
several suicide bombers
at least three dogs with C4 strapped to them so they explode after they die

By the more difficult rounds, we had two squads (six total) of Delta Force with riot shields, two auto turrets with grenade launchers, and I was calling in two or three airstrikes at least. The dogs that explode and the juggernauts always turn it to sh**t though.

And sorry to the several of you who have sent invites to join you. During the day, I pop in and out a lot, but I have the kids, so I generally won't accept since I usually get in one match, the disappear for half an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
Chavezmr25
FNG

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-12

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Same content we've come to expect from the COD franchise. Despite this, it's a good game. I may be out on a limb here, but I like the world at war more than most, because the techonoly and Weapons of the era were more unreliable and I think in some cases that was captured well in WAW. But since this is MW3, I'm disappointed in the sniper capabilities of many maps, Uts very run and gun and it doesn't have as many open space maps. It's more of a close quarters bias. Overall, I say an 8/10, but I'm am addict of COD, so this will be my primary until they reaper another one Smile I also like the fact that you unlock things by time in the game as opposed to cash earned. I wish they had the face paint again though, nothing like turning a corner and coming face to face with William wallace, haha
Back to top Go down
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm finally into the multiplayer a bit - and I'm enjoying it. Nothing feels too out of balance (I"m looking at you, grenade launchers), and I like the idea of choosing the kind of kill streaks - I tend to favor support, but have done a little experimenting with the extra perks.

My wife and I have been tearing it up on the Spec Ops Survival Waves, so at night I haven't gotten to play with anybody yet - something I'd like to fix. During the day I sneak on often, but am in and out so often, it's hard to group.
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:54 pm

weddingsinger wrote:
Nothing feels too out of balance (I"m looking at you, grenade launchers)

I've noticed that also Singer...they have definatley nerfed the tubes. Even in HC mode.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:25 am

The running through gunfire to knife someone has improved. U can still do it if u time it right, but it's only happened a couple times as opposed to every game. Kill confirm is fun, but I have a bad habit of hauling ass to pick up tags, Even in open areas. There are only one or two maps i like, which is the main reason im not terribly excited about this game. The rest have too many levels to them. Nearly all of them are 3 story and have tons of entrances and exits everywhere. It's good for run and gun tdm and maybe hq, which I haven't played yet. But I can't imagine it'll be good for search. I just do not like them at all. I haven't tried the single player yet.

I've been staining, polyurethaning and installing my new entertainment center the past week so I haven't been playing. I should be back in action after the weekend. I got a cabinet maker friend To add some lower cabinets onto some floating cabs that was used to hold my electronics and DVDs and games. The new cab is three sections a lower and upper on the left middle qnd right. The middle is my electronics rack and has wheels so I can pull it out and get to all the wiring. The floating cabs aren't enough anymore since I added a pro subwoofer amp for the two 15" subs I built and a parametric equalizer to get them sounding great, and it is too many electronics for what I have. Plus the free standing main speakers and a big sealed center channel that fits in my ent center I bought. Once I get my new receiver for Christmas and the sectional sofa were getting next summer, it'll sound better than a movie theater. Sorry about the long windedness, but I wanted to share my new home theater system and u know how I love to highjack threads. I'll post pics of it when I put the trim on and get all my wires straight.
Back to top Go down
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Holy criminy, has anyone else gotten to use the XM25 air exploding grenade launcher? It's sweet. Zoom site, then set the range of how far away you want it to explode, then fire. Perfect if you know someone is in a room, or behind a barrier, but don't have a clear shot.

Something very satisfying about it (plus, lots of rounds).
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:38 am

is that what that thing does? i couldnt figure out why i couldnt kill anyone. ill try it.
also if anyone wants to play s&d im down with it. i havent tried hcs&d yet, but the core is good. i cant get the 3 tards i play with often, to play
Back to top Go down
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:55 pm

Yeah, Fridge, it's a bit tricky. It will still explode on impact, and fires in an almost straight line for a very long distance. However, if an enemy ducks behind something to recover or reload, then you 1) sight the weapon; 2) aim at something the same distance away as the victim; 3) push L3 to lock in that distance; 4) aim where you want the grenade to go and fire away.

My wife and I are still survival wave crazy, but I'm hoping to start in on HCSD soon.
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Myself (like Singer and his better half) am also addicted to Survival Mode on Spec Ops. I can't get enough of it.

Singer send me an invite whenever your not on with your wife.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you think Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think   What do you think Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Special Tactics Protocol [STP] :: Merc's Lounge archives-
Jump to: