Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ideas anyone?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jessica101
Captain
Captain
Jessica101

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Ideas anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Ideas anyone?   Ideas anyone? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:31 am

As we have 3 admins now and the forum is being 'tidied' and cleaned up, I thought it'd be nice if any of us who had ideas about how the forum should look could post them here. A kind of suggestions box really.

My thoughts:

1) We need a 'forum development' area please.

2) There needs to be a 'scrapyard' for all old/obsolete threads

3) Nobody ever reads more than 2 pages in any area, so the rest needs to go to the 'scrapyard'

4) It'd be nice to have a section just for personal stuff here, anything about home life, photos of family etc. perhaps like the 'movies' area?

5) Anyone who hasn't visited the forum in 2 months really doesn't seem interested in the clan, so why would they be on the memberlist? If they game with any of us sometimes that's one thing, but it does seem a little daft to have them listed as a member here when they don't take any part of the forum. Perhaps an email could be sent to anyone who hasn't been here in over 2 months to suggest they're 'account' will become delinquent?

Well, that's a start, hope it helps and I'm sure others have good ideas they can share too...
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Ideas anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas anyone?   Ideas anyone? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 am

Okay I've done #1 and #4. Jess I'm going to make you as mod as offered before so you can help us tidy up since you know guys can never get that right. #3 already exists we just need to do some wholesale moving it looks like. Personal handling I'll leave to Merc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Ideas anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas anyone?   Ideas anyone? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 5:09 pm

I can fix #2. It's called the basket but I will change the parameters to clean it up a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newenglandps3clan.webs.com
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Ideas anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas anyone?   Ideas anyone? EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Jessica101 wrote:
[color=yellow]
5) Anyone who hasn't visited the forum in 2 months really doesn't seem interested in the clan, so why would they be on the memberlist? If they game with any of us sometimes that's one thing, but it does seem a little daft to have them listed as a member here when they don't take any part of the forum.color]

I have a little problem with this ..... perfect example would be Martin. He hasnt been on the STP website since December so lets just delete him. I think not.....Martin has over 2000 posts since he's been an original member of STP so I think that he has earned the right to take a fews months off, take care of real life and still remain a member of the clan.

Martin stays and so does Meatpistol and Fresh. Skcit does too because he doesnt have a computer so he can't check the website... Very Happy

I think what we need to do is start gaming together.....again. Most people aren't playing anymore, the ones who are are playing either Black Ops, MW2, Battlefield and thats fine. But no one plays as a group...and I'm just as guilty. I realize that some of us play with "other" players on their friends list .... and that's fine. But how about having these people join the clan?

Other than that....I like the other ideas Jess.
Back to top Go down
Jessica101
Captain
Captain
Jessica101

Ideas anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas anyone?   Ideas anyone? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:14 am

Glad most of my ideas were helpful Very Happy

I'll do what I can to help as a mod.

I get what you're saying about members who have been around for ages, that seems sensible and fair, I just noticed some join and don't seem to post or come here for months that was all.

It would be good to game together more. Whenever I'm on I always try to invite any STP members I see who are online, even if they're not playing the same game as me at the time. The 5 hr time gap between UK and USA doesn't help us Brits, but we do what we can, and it's always good fun to game with STP members. (Thanks for joining us the other day Martin, it was great - you're very good).

As for friends joining the STP clan, I'm not the only one here who's a member of more than 1 clan, so I guess it's not always possible. I often play with friends who aren't members of any clan as well as friends who are members of other clans too. As it's rare (apart from on a Friday night) to have 5 friends online playing the same game as me I'm just happy to get any friends to join, and mixing clans isn't a problem for me.
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Ideas anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas anyone?   Ideas anyone? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:02 am

Yea well i'm back now so you can't delete me Razz

(Please don't delete me....)

Yea we deff have to start playing together (CoD4 / 6 / BO) anything, we used to have such a laugh as well as going all night rarely losing (Any original memebers remeber - CoD4 District HQ!!!)

Most weekends i can easily stay up til 3am (BST) and in Easter i have 2 weeks off (with the use of just 3 work holidays as well as taking advantage of Easter / Bank Holidays and the Royal Wedding) So i'll be on even more and later, so no excuse for not catching up for at least one night!!!

Do we really have to keep Skcit...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jessica101
Captain
Captain
Jessica101

Ideas anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas anyone?   Ideas anyone? EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Hope we can catch up some time soon Martin. If you fancy Blops Domination some time just let me know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ideas anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas anyone?   Ideas anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Special Tactics Protocol [STP] :: FORUM DEVELOPMENT-
Jump to: