Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

zombies! Strategies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

Number of posts : 1252
Registration date : 2008-02-06

zombies!  Strategies Empty
PostSubject: zombies! Strategies   zombies!  Strategies EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:30 am

The wife and I have been playing this level and I've found some generally accepted strategies, for when more of you play it:

First, know that the mystery box is placed randomly on the map. Each game it is in a different room.

Do not turn on the power until you have to (or everyone has at least 5000 points). Turning on the power releases the more powerful, crawling zombies.

1st round, shoot each zombie five times, then knife them. 2nd round shoot 10 times, then knife. This is for max points. Don't kill them til they are in room, for power ups. Try to use only the knife til end of round 4.

Don't open doors til after round 5, the dogs. Only buy the rifle at the top of the stairs during the first 5 rounds (if you have to buy anything). To defeat the dogs, everyone stay together, in the front corner, behind the lunch counter. It will be ridiculously easy.

You want 5000 points and your weapon of choice before turning on the power, so that you can immediately link up the teleporter, and use it. The room it takes you to lets you power up the weapon you have. Your best weapon option is probably the MP40, which you get by opening the door upstairs (in the main room) rather than going downstairs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.RNBWeddings.com
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551

PostSubject: Re: zombies! Strategies   zombies!  Strategies EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Singer which map are you talking? I'm assuming Five since you mention the crawling zombies and not the hell hounds?

I should also add that I'm completely lost on both of them anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

PostSubject: Re: zombies! Strategies   zombies!  Strategies EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Yep, the initial, don't have to do anything to have it, map. Oh, and the mystery box? It's on the frickin' map. Hilarious.

I just used the above strategy online and hit level 9 before my teammates idiocy took me down. I was the only one who upgraded his weapon (the mp40) and had the points for traps and the automated turret. Amazing...
Back to top Go down
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

PostSubject: Re: zombies! Strategies   zombies!  Strategies EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:29 pm

My wife and I have been playing the initial zombie map a lot, and the strategies work, with a bit of refinement.

Avoid buying any guns or opening any doors until during round 4. Pistol and knives should do it. This will give you maximum points possible.

During round 4, when things start to get too heavy, open the upstairs door, and immediately open the next one, too. You'll end up down two flights of stairs, and can buy the mp40 for your first gun. If you're lucky, you've found the mystery box, but propably not. Stay in this area as long as you can. You'll easily kill the dogs if everyone groups by the unopened door at the bottom. We usually manage to stay here until during round 8.

When it gets too hot, again, open the dressing room door, and immediately the next door, onto the stage. Again, hopefully you've found the mystery box. Whether you do, or not, do not turn on the power. DO buy claymores (on the wall, by the barricade, farthest from where you came in). One person on each of the two barricades in this room, two on the door, and you should be fine for a round or two.

Rather than turn on the power, if you need to escape, or need a weapon, open the next door, and head up. You can open the fence, too. Just don't open anymore. The area by the vending machine in the alley is your last stand. By now, you should have found the mystery box, but in any case, this is the best place to hold up. Leave the door locked as an emergency exit.

When to turn on the power? When everyone has 5000 points and a gun they want to upgrade. Try to hold out until then. Otherwise, if you've opened all the doors I've listed above, and still no mystery box.

Try to use the teleporter at the start of a level, or a little into it. That way, when up in the projector booth, you can chuck grenades down and thin the heard a bit.

The Mystery Box: Avoid rocket and grenade launchers. Double pistols are actually kinda awesome, once upgraded they explode, and make a fine 2nd weapon.
Back to top Go down
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

PostSubject: Re: zombies! Strategies   zombies!  Strategies EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:55 pm

Revisions to the zombie strategies for the original Ker De whatever.

Mystery Box starting point is random. Don't sweat it at first.

Open Your first box round three or four. Go upstairs and open the 2nd door immediately, giving everyone access to the MP40. This should be the first gun you buy, unless the mystery box was found already.

Hold out here til round 7 or 8. One or two people downstairs, one on the landing, one on the stairs up (where you came from).

When things get too hot, open the next two doors, getting you to the stage. If there is still no mystery box, go ahead and turn on the power. Be sure at least one zombie is still alive here, so you all have time to turn on the teleporter and find the mystery box, rebuild barriers. Do NOT use the teleporter yet.

You will now start a simple cycle. Each new round, everyone is at the teleporter. Shoot zombies until they're too many, everyone teleport up. Upgrade if you want, but toss some grenades slowly down to thin the herd. When you reappear, start moving upstairs immediately, two facing forward, two looking back. Go slowly, making a circle to the theater.

Leave one alive so you can fix barricades, wait for the teleporter to cool and link it, buy upgrades as needed. Speed cola is awesome since it will let you reload your guns quickly. The bowie knife (in the theater, on the wall by the jugger-nog) is helpful too.

When everyone is ready, kill the last zombie and start over. I hit round 24 or so doing this, and only died because I got sloppy (do the loop too fast on later levels, and the crowd of zombies split. Somewhere you'll suddenly be surrounded).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: zombies! Strategies   zombies!  Strategies Empty

Back to top Go down

zombies! Strategies
Page 1 of 1