Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black Ops: let's hear your report

Go down 
+9
weddingsinger
STP_Captain_Slow
SERUM-X
Shamos98
DonMat23
DA_FRIDGE1
MercuryRising
gluis01
tripl_b
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
weddingsinger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
weddingsinger

Number of posts : 1252
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 4:12 pm

People behind you is huge right now. The group camping is true, and very effective, but if you think about it, it's really a valid strategy of using teamwork to dominate.

I really like the video feature. I got a 15 kill streak and was able to pull the video for posterity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.RNBWeddings.com
Deathscythe_
Major
Major
Deathscythe_

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 4:14 pm

I still haven't finished the single player yet but from what I have played so far I'm really enjoy it. I like the story and overall the missions just appeal to me more.

When it comes to multiplayer there's only a few problems I have with it. The main issue is the spawning. Like everyone has already mentioned, it always seems like I'm getting killed from behind me. Another thing is the lag. It's not so much as a problem now but occasionally I'll run into a game where it always lags before I go to kill someone only to find out that they killed me first. Sad
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Ok i have just had to leave the PS3 to go on a little rant....

This SH!T where you get kicked from a game for team killing is BULLSH!T it's happened twice to me today and both time on Killstreaks, they need to sort this out, if i have got a large killstreak it means i'm NOT DOING IT ON PURPOSE!!!

I had the Gun Ship for the first time and i killed 4 or 5 of them then accidently killed 2 of ours and i got booted, and just now i got a rolling thunder looked on the map none of our guys dropped it straight down the middle of Hanoi killed 4 of them and just at the end killed one of ours and i get F'ing booted again when i was on a hell of a run (when i'm playing with 1 bar atm)!!!

Where is the best place to post comments to get things sorted (like where did you get your info about the fixes Shane) as they should take team kills from KS Rewards out of the equation!!

Rant over. Time for Tea then back on once calmed down.

-M
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 9:14 pm

i hear ya martin. if your running around killing your own team thats different but you cant really tell friend from foe when your in the gunship (ive seen videos, i havent gotten one). i have about 10-15,000 points saved up cause i got what i want. i guess i could try for higher killstreaks, but im good with the low ones. i just need some face paint.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 12:05 am

Martin here is the semi-official link explaining where to go and how to properly go about lodging your complaints.

http://oneofswords.com/2010/11/trouble-with-black-ops-heres-some-help/

One of Swords is one of Activision's reps so this might be your first place to start. He is also available through twitter and unlike JD_2020, he will respond to them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:36 am

I've got to say that this is probably my COD game so far. I think Treyarch hit a home run with this one. Yeah it has some problems, but I'm sure Treyarch is working on fixing them unlike IW with MW2.
Back to top Go down
Arthray
Captain
Captain
Arthray

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:16 pm

Haven't played online yet, but the single-player so far is pretty good. Looking forward to kick some ass with you guys online Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jessica101
Captain
Captain
Jessica101

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:53 am

Mixed review from me on this one. So far multiplayer domination is my favourite, so, if you get an invite from me to join me that'll be the game style.

I've noticed lag now and again, but even more annoying is having the game freeze (only ever when I'm doing really really well it seems).

The spawning isn't too bad, worse on MOH for example.

I don't particularly like the Jungle map, it reminds me of Makin - and I never liked that either.

All in all I'd rather play this than any of my other games at the moment, and the zombies games are good fun too.

Hope to see some of you for some domination soon (as long as we can keep together in a group that is).
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:37 pm

How about giving some opinions on the game engine. I still don't like the game very much but I don't think it is the game that I dislike, I think it is the game engine. I like the weapons, the kill streaks, the lack of getting tubed all the time etc. What I dislike is the way the it feels when you play. It seems that every time I play multiplayer it is choppy. I have yet to play an entire match that is smooth. It's almost like the frame rate is very low. I now know what it feels to be click and having to play with a yellow or red bar all the time. I think it would be the perfect game if they used the MW2 engine with this game.
Any other opinions on this?
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:10 pm

I know what you are saying Serum, I feel the same way and it's really only the multi-player where it happens to me, along with the total ps3 freeze. We can play combat training all night long and never have any issues. As Arthray posted, and others on other forums have stated, it seems to be related to your friends list and gathering all the information from that, that is slowing the game down. No offence to anyone, but I really don't care what your last achievement was. So if making that go away would help the game play smoother then let's get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:33 pm

i hear ya, and all the little "facts" that also scroll on the bottom of the page are useless. i dont care how many miles worth of crossbow bolts have been shot. this is a good game, but it lacks something for me. its just not as fun playing it as other games were. i dont know if im just getting tired of the whole first person online shooter or what. maybe we should play s&d more. i dont like playing by myself, i tend to leave when having a bad game, but i would stay in if i had some teammates playing with me. i play every now and then with skit but he leaves after a game and does his own thing.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Fridge anytime you see me on feel free to join on me or send an invite, I need all the help I can get. As I'm not tending to take this one as seriously as the previous games and I'm still horrible I'm up for anything... as long as the ps3 doesn't lock up and we can keep some kind of party together.
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:02 pm

so why don't we try to get a bunch of us together and play some private matches to learn the maps/ins and outs of the game.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Say when and I'll try to be there. I'll also add that the Combat training is a great addition to the game. I try weapons,and things out there and if I don't like them, I won't buy them in mp. The only down side is that it's limited to tdm and ffa but the fun factor usually makes up for that. It's a pretty good way to learn the maps. Also no lobbies full of bullshit between games and if you think it's too easy, up it to hardened or veteran level and see how you do.
Back to top Go down
xDARKxSENTRYx
Captain
Captain
xDARKxSENTRYx

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:44 pm

I'll join in too.

My report. The lag issue was crazy but i think its because its the first weekend and everyone was online playing. I think eventually the online numbers will go down and the lag issue will get better. It felt alot better on Sunday but this could because i changed my search setting to local searches. I seem to be having problems of getting owned when playing core matches. It just seems like when I come head to head with someone i loose. I tried different class setups with little to no change. If i am correct there is not a stopping power perk in this game, so thats not it. It could just be my connection lag, i don't know. I really like being able to create an emblem (thanks Luis for the ideas, cool). Clan tag is great, nothing like scratching LSU into the side of a M16. The different recticles and lens color is neat but seems to get in the way, blue dot works for me. Valkyrie rockets might take some time to get the hang of. The first time i got it i was like, wtf do i do with this, i failed bad. Inviting friends gives me a headache. I have only been noob tube a few times. I have yet to equip a tube. The RC-XD's running all over the place is crazy. They should have a map with a dirt track and have some kind of 'death race' thing happening. I've tried to flip mine but haven't been able to. I really like the fact that scavenger does not allow you to replenish claymores. Huey is cool, it actually makes it feel like you are the door gunner. Haven't seen anyone glitch yet. I usually get dropped after every match. Being able to somewhat choose the next map is a nice change.

Well thats some off the top of my head. If I come up with anything else i'll share.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Okay here's the newest list of what has been fixed and what they are working on. There may be hope for us yet.

Hey PS3 gamers,

We are listening to you and we’ve been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.

LIVE FIXES

11/5
* - Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
* - Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
* - User can get an infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package' and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks (commonly referred to as the “care package glitch”)

11/9
* - Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
* - Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu

11/10
* - Users’ rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions

11/11
* - Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers
* - Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly

11/12
* - Launch: User could access a small platform outside of the intended play space below the rocket gantry by jumping to a very specific location; now blocked from access
* - Launch: User could access a small area inside geometry at vents near Dom flag A by going prone and moving around in a very specific location; now blocked from access
* - Some users reported that weapon attachment challenges were not resetting after prestige; now all are guaranteed to clear as soon as selecting the prestige option

IN PROGRESS

* - Improved matchmaking to find matches faster
* - Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)
* - Weekly and Monthly leaderboards stats reporting incorrectly for kills, deaths and assists (All Time leaderboard not affected by this)
* - Additional improvements to party system
* · Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
* · Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
* · Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
* · Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
* · Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
* · Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
* · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
* · Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
* · Prevention of killstreak selection getting disabled in Combat Training under rare conditions
* · Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions
* · Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions
* · Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
* · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
* · Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
* · Additional online security enhancements
* · Array: Added collision to prevent players from partially clipping into a tree
* · Launch: Added collision to prevent players from strafe jumping onto an invisible ledge at the base of the rocket near B3
* · Summit: Added collision to prevent players from jumping to a location outside of the map boundary when in Custom Games where player speed is maxed out
* · Havana: Added collision to prevent players from jumping onto an invisible ledge above a doorway at C2
* · Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin’s head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location
* · Disable ability to vote for a previous map twice in a row
* · Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends

Regards,
-JD
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:59 pm

well, that's a start.
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 3:37 pm

I've been playing some domination rounds and I have to say that I am starting to like that game mode very much. it plays much more fair than the other modes. Lag seems to be controlled much better as everyone is all over the map and not in the same area like in HQ. Love the Famas in the game. Team Deathmatch sucks bad as everyone is just camping, much worse than I recall in MW2.
Back to top Go down
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Serum, I'm loving the FAMAS as well. M60 is better in Black Ops than in any other COD game I've played
Back to top Go down
http://www.newenglandps3clan.webs.com
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:16 am

sure thing shane. i didnt invite anyone last night, i was playing with a friend thats new to the cod multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:08 pm

ooooh i thought that was part of the game the attachment challenges not resetting lol i was planning on getting all of my attachments to a few kills before getting 10,000 points for 5-6 attachments then completing them at the start of a prestige lol alwell no point in that now.

Good work shane keep updating the list, maybe open a new thead which you can have the first post and keep updating that one post so we know where to go!!

I really hope they sort out the spawns it was terrible in launch the other day i was going to get a clip of how bad it was but i left the game and i don't think it saved lol.

i am going to look at the link shane gave where the comments have been posted and see if anything can be done with the spawns or large killstream teamkills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Ops: let's hear your report
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2