Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black Ops: let's hear your report

Go down 
+9
weddingsinger
STP_Captain_Slow
SERUM-X
Shamos98
DonMat23
DA_FRIDGE1
MercuryRising
gluis01
tripl_b
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Black Ops: let's hear your report Empty
PostSubject: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:31 am

I'm holding off on getting it until I hear from you guinea pigs. So how is it?
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:42 am

Ok in my opinion its too early to say if its really good or not because i have only played a few games. Also i haven't unlocked Hardcore Mode yet so i really don't like Core games and if i were to judge the game right now i would say im frustrated because of how many bullets it takes to kill someone in Core games..lol

just a couple quick things.

1. Wager matches in my opinion is the best addition to the game. Its 1 shot 1 kill type games.Free for All with twists. Just FUN.
A much needed new game mode to play. When we as a clan like to get together and just polay againsy each other this will be what we are going to do. Trust me when i say this It will be Pure Fun with laughing all around.

2. I think they made it a point to keep tubing less attractive. For the first 45 minutes i played i never got tubed or even saw one.
But once i started playing HQ i got killed a few times from them. But nowhere near as many times as MW2.
But im sure that can all change once people figure out glitches to make tubing better.

3. The lower killstreaks don't really do much killing in my opinion.
In MW2 if u were able to 4 kills u could easily get to a chopper gunner quickly without having to do any killing of your own. A simple Predator missile could get you an easy 2 or 3 kills each time then the harrier another 5 or 6 and then the dreaded Chopper Gunner.
In Black Ops not only do the killstreaks not count towards your next one...the lower killstreaks arent really that good. Unlike the Predator missile you dont control the lower killstreaks and they are ground based killed streaks so its not as efficient.
But once you get a chopper Gunner its the same BS as in MW2.

4. BO has a practice mode where you play the online maps with any mode against a computer AI so you can practice any game mode. This should be good for us as a clan to practice strategy.

5. The theatre mode is pretty cool. But i doubt ill be using it much.
The one cool thing is i was able to go (if i wanted to) and watch EVERY game i played.
Back to top Go down
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 pm

I had a hard time connecting to Luis last night and not sure why. He had similiar problems like this before with the release of other COD games. I couldn't connect to tripl_b playing World at War. However we did get a couple of games in before I switched to single player. Multiplayer seemed fine except for the fact that I got killed so many times in the back playing TDM. I didn't play any other game modes.

The single player starts off, I felt, a little slow but it is definately building up to something. The missions get better, the people you meet are insanely cool and the graphics are off the chart. Treyarch definately knows how to do background graphics. I'm looking forward to my daughter napping so I can get a couple minutes in until my son wakes up. But that's not going to happen. Hope to play more of the single player tonight if I come home early from work.

Further reports to follow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newenglandps3clan.webs.com
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Yeah i did forget to mention that the spawning in the game is horrible.
Ive had this happen to me a lot of times..where i kill someone and one of their teammates spawns right behind me.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Picking up right now. There are about 20 people in here right now. At 10:07 cst
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Just picked my copy up about 15 mins ago and there was no one inside my Gamestop. Sooooooooo nice...also picked up a brand spankin' new controller and I'm ready to go.

ONLY

I have to wait because I'm working and dont get off until 5pm. So I'll let you know in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 5:18 pm

I feel your pain Don. My copy is sitting here on my desk as well. This work thing is for the birds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:32 pm

I'm disappointed!!! I just don't get the same rush as with the other games. Lag is terrible and I always get killed before I see anyone. Just doesn't click with me. I will still try to keep pressing to see if I can learn to like it but I truly don't think I will be playing this much.
Back to top Go down
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:07 pm

I picked up my copy about an hour ago. I'll be online later tonight.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:21 pm

well, it looks like treyarch was trying to do something better than waw, and it is. but its not better than mw2. the guns are new guns but they shoot and sound like the ww2 guns. the maps are big and have waaaay too many paths on it. you constantly get shot in the back because its almost impossible to keep someone from flanking you do to the high number of routes to take across the map. also it looks like they made the spawns waaaay more random in order to cut down on the camping, but it ends up making you spawn right in front of people and them right behind you. the sounds arent good, every explosion sounds the same, a dull crack that is irritating. claymores give you no warnign when you trip them so you are dead if you dont have the perk to reveal them. they need to move the rc cars to a 5 kill streak cause they can become nonstop if someone gets on a roll. its different from what weve been playing which makes it appealing. but i dont think well be rallying around this one. its ok, but thats all it is. that said, ill be playing it cause i have nothing else other than cod4. it is fun to have a whole squad though.
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:37 am

I like the single player but I knew that I would I'm playing it on Veteran and so far so good.

As far as online, I've only played two multiplayer games so far...1) TDM and 2) Domination.
It's to early to give a honest opinion but so far I like it......but obviously its too soon to tell

To be continued...........
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:02 pm

I heard from 2 friends that there are already a few glitches on Black Ops..including a care package glitch.

Anyone see this yet??????
Back to top Go down
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:06 pm

I'm only on level 14 and haven't made it to Hard Core yet, but I like this game a lot more than MW2. I agree that the RC cars are annoying and they should be a higher count killstreak, but otherwise I don't really have many bad things to say about it.

Another thing, anyone else think that Nuketown is the new Shipment? It feels like I spawn on top of the enemy on that map.
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:13 am

DonMat23 wrote:
I heard from 2 friends that there are already a few glitches on Black Ops..including a care package glitch.

First get a care package and throw the marker on the floor, then immediately throw a primary or secondary grenade. After this open and use the care package and when whatever was inside has finished, you’ll notice that you’ll have another one right there ready to use again.

Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:18 am

Well I wanted to hold off until I got into the game some before posting this. Campaign is definitely worth playing. Combat Training may be my favorite part of the game right now, all the same things as multi-player without the BS. For the record, this will probably be what I play the most as the mp has some definite issues, along with the usual crap that goes on in the between game lobbies. I haven't tried zombies yet but it's definitely on my list since Treyach seems to be able to get that right. And if you want a little quick fun, try some Dead Ops. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Ok heres my views,

Since i have finally taken some much over due holidays from work so i have played alot and i am @ 1st Presige Lvl 9.

Maps:

Pretty good, wide selection, Nuketown can be awful and stupid, i really hate Villa and Grid.

Really liking most of the rest so pretty good job again as on all the CoD games since 4 there has probs only been 2 maps we haven't liked on each.

Gun:

Only used MP5 throughout my 1st prestige haha. that was only to complete the challenges so will pick up more this time round. My knife must be very blunt as i "missed" 15 times today... Must sharpen it!!

Wager matches:

Like Luis said these are realllllly fun, i can see 6 of us having a lot of fun with these. 1 in the chamber is my favorite thats only because my first two games i rocked 10-0 twice lol. Gun Game is good (until you get to the sniper as i think this game has the worst sniper guns)

Lag:

For me i get even more annoyed, as soon as i drop to my usual 2 bar connection it is impossible for me to play well so no more 2 bar king on CoD:BO, i can be running behind two guys and by i have killed the first guy the second is already turned round or i'm out of ammo. So my hit detection is awful.

Game Modes:

Much the same, shame HCHQ is NOT around in this game i have a feeling of an early DLC release. I have just unlocked the Prestige Game Mode, not any different theres only one open at the minute and it's Prestige TDM (not a clue) there are two others but i think you need Prestige 7 and 14 to open them (i'll see how i go)

Glitches:

I personally haven't seen any.

Killstreaks:

Like Luis said until you get to 7 really don't expect much, you have the SAM Turret, UAV and Counter UAV, Care Package (which i don't know if it's just me but i get useless ones all the time) the only killstreak is the RC which can be fun stalking your enemy i even managed to get 4 kills in one (shame they don't count lol)

Tubes:

Very little and if you try using one you'll know why its useless in Core modes. And i have only been hint in 5 or 6 times.

Spawns:

Useless (need i say more)

Anyway time to see Peter Kay and then carry on tonight, if we can get 6 of us and play a few wager matches would be cool.

Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:41 pm

To me the biggest complain i have is the spawning.
I was playing HQ trying to capture it and the other team literally spawned right behind me on the HQ.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:36 pm

The spawning and maps. I was on a map two guys spawned behind me and killed me then I respawned after two seconds and I was right behind them and killed them. I mean really? Why? Hanoi is the worst boards in my opinion. U can't see anyone and there are too many outs and INS to everywhere. If they can get the spawns right it would be alot better. I'm just so tired of getting shot in the back. I finally found my go to weapon. Famas with suppressor=bad ass
Back to top Go down
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:49 pm

Martin, to prevent lag issues, change your search settings to 'locale only'. Hit the select button on the game type screen to get to it.
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:13 am

DonMat23 wrote:

Treyarch's David Vonderhaar Multiplayer Design Director comments regarding complaints that players had already hacked the game's online multiplayer component. On the official Black Ops forums, Vonderhaar explained that most of the videos circling the YouTubes feature older dev versions of the game, or use exploits that can be easily hotfixed or patched "just like we said we would."

Vonderhaar expressed disappointment in these complaints, saying, "What many of these people want is to be Internet nerd famous. I'm not going to make them famous and you shouldn't either." He later added, "We are disinterested in making mini-celebrities out of douche-bags."

Love the way this guy seems passionate about these problems.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 9:34 am

one thing i do like about this game is it has a grittier feel to it than mw2. like it is in vietnam era.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:37 am

tripl_b wrote:
Martin, to prevent lag issues, change your search settings to 'locale only'. Hit the select button on the game type screen to get to it.

Well that's why it's there but as of yesterday it still wasn't working properly. It's on the list of things that needs to be addressed. It seems they have been doing almost daily "Hot patches" since the game came out so hopefully that one gets fixed soon.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:43 am

Here's what they've done so far....

Hey PS3 gamers,

We are listening to you and we’ve been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.

LIVE FIXES
11/5
- Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
- Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
- User can get an infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package' and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks (commonly referred to as the “care package glitch”)

11/9
- Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
- Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu

11/10
- Users’ rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions

11/11
- Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers
- Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly
IN PROGRESS
- Improved matchmaking to find matches faster
- Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)
- Weekly and Monthly leaderboards stats reporting incorrectly for kills, deaths and assists (All Time leaderboard not affected by this)
- Additional improvements to party system
Regards,
-JD
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:50 pm

DA_FRIDGE1 wrote:
one thing i do like about this game is it has a grittier feel to it than mw2. like it is in vietnam era.

Yeah i completely agree with you Fridge.

Guys yes i agree BO is not living up to expectations. Its just a different feel from MW2 and COD4...But guys Treyarch did try to do their best with changing the biggest issues that most of us complained about, and now were sitting here complaining that we don't like Black Ops..LOL

A lot of us on here were all in agreement that MW2 became unplayable because of the way people could just easily get to the higher killstreaks which made the game not fun anymore. Spawn tubbing on S&D or tubbing in every other game was horrible.

But treyarch did what we asked them to. They took care of those issues on BO.

Now i see people complaining that Black Ops isn't fun because of the spawning and getting shot in the back. A long killstreak is hard to come by. But that solves the Killstreak and camper problems. Scavenger won't give you extra Noob Tubes and are not as powerful.

And not to mention the new features they have added with the Wager matches, the Local Matchmaking, Personalized Emblems, Thearter Mode, and Combat Training.

All in all Treyarch did EXACTLY what we asked and wanted them to. But we are just spoiled little brats and still have to complain LOL
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:33 pm

u have to admit getting shot in the back constantly is a problem. i hope they come out with some smaller non puzzle maps in the dlc. i love launch, it is the perfect map. the more i play the more the game grows on me. i dont care much for wager maps unless we get a few clanmates on. i keep running into people who are friends camp in a building together and team up to kill everyone else and then they fight themselves or have pre decided who will win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops: let's hear your report   Black Ops: let's hear your report Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Ops: let's hear your report
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next