Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MOH Beta - PS3

Go down 
+7
tripl_b
DA_FRIDGE1
gluis01
SERUM-X
Jessica101
Shamos98
STP_Captain_Slow
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:54 pm

Just a quick thread to see who has Pre Ordered this?

I'm not sure if its the same in the US but in the UK if you Pre Order before the 21st June you will get the Beta code straight away to start on the 21st but if you order after the 21st you will get the Beta code the following Monday just incase it is the same and someone Pre Orders next week as it will cut a week out of the Beta.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2008-02-06

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:09 pm

I pre-ordered from Gamestop and after the site crashed for most of the day the code finally came through. I'm downloading it now... a very slow 616mb. Those of us who have BC2 are supposedly able to start playing today but given the trouble redeeming the codes, I'm not counting on it. I may have to give it a short try before work in the morning. More news to follow...
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
Jessica101
Captain
Captain
Jessica101

Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2009-02-03

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:58 am

I get paid today, so will be pre-ordering it right after work! I'm really looking forward to this one MOH Beta - PS3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 2:33 pm

So I finally managed to download the beta last night and hopped on for a few minutes this morning before coming to work. First off this is not a BC2 rehash, this is a totally different look and feel but I'll be using BC2 as a reference because it is the closest I can come right now. There are 3 classes, rifleman (M16 w grenade launcher,) spec ops (M4 and RPG,) and sniper(M24 w/ red dot scope and C4.) Upgrades are realistic upgrades that you earn like extra mags, special weapons, and ammo. The feel of the weapons is closet to Operation Flashpoint than any other game I can think of. The controls are close to BC2 and MW2, just a couple of little differences. Even in beta form I'll compare the graphics to COD4 and MW2. The environment is what I would call semi-destuctable, unlike BC2 not everything can be destroyed but there's enough to remove a guy's cover. Ammo and medicine are cached around the map, find it or die looking.

For anyone who played MOHA, the feel of the game is still there but the action and graphics are vastly improved. As this is going against COD Black Ops, based on just my few minutes so far, I'll be taking this one rather than another rehash Treyach product.
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-10-06

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:39 pm

I pre-ordered today. The guy at game stop told me that the codes will be in on monday and to call them then to get it. So I should be up sometime monday night.
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 1275

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:55 pm

SERUM I JUST GOT MY BETA CODE FROM GAMESTOP OVER EMAIL. I emailed customer service asking for it and they sent me one. Im downloading the beta right now.
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:28 am

Ok i just played 3 games of TDM on the KABUL map.

Quick first impressions :

1. Map was SMALL. I would compare it to a Crash cut in half. Same scenario a lot of debris on the ground with blown out buildings all over the place and very little choke points since there were various ways to get around. It was a very very messy map. Also the description as the map is loading says something about it being good place for snipers ITS NOT there are no good long distance sight lines at all.

2. To me the controls felt very much like BFBC2 (sorry shamos i disagree lol). Dice is responsible for both games online. Nowhere near MW2. The thing is we have gotten used to the arcade and unrealistic style controls of MW2 that anyother game feels weird to us. You cant do a 1 second 360 when someone shoots you in the back and still kill them like you can in MW2.

3. This map was not made for running and gunning. I tried thats what i do best on MW2. The controls are too realistic for you to do it. It actually takes some time for your sights to go up when your in full sprint unlike MW2 so you have to tactically move around hiding behind objects like in a real war. TEAMWORK is what Dice is trying to jam into this game. If your team hunkers down an area like in a real war you will win games of tdm on here.

4. For a few minutes i actually felt like a soldier at war in Kabul. It was an awesome feeling. When i was hiding behing a wall or a crate or moving around tactically it felt real to me. I felt like i was there.

Overall graphics were great, guns looked good, and it was fun. Im not too sure if ill buy it because it feels a lot like BFBC2. Ive got a feeling i would go back to COD because im too used to that control and feel of that unrealistic crap that happens. Going 40-10 feels good to me, its like an addiction LOL...I hate having only 10 kills in a game. And thats what MOH is like.
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 1:38 am

Another quick thing MOH beta has made my PS3 freeze 3 times already.
Back to top Go down
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:20 am

you have to preorder the game to get the beta? how did you get it luis? you said you have it but werent going to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:30 am

Fridge you can always pre-order the game get the code and then cancel the order. It happens all the time. Wink

Now one of these days I'll have some time to play this. I played one game of the objective mode last night and went my customary 4-14. It didn't help that I had no clue where the enemy was coming from and it was my first time using any of these weapons. Luis is right it is a more realistic feel to the guns. I pretty much use the default settings for all games which is why all these games don't make much difference to me. It's always the secondary things that mess me up anyway. I keep throwing grenades when I want to set claymores, or set claymores when I want to melee some one. MOH Beta - PS3 Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Yeah fridge i pre-ordered it online threw gamestop. I didnt even go to the store. Its only $5 to pre-order. Then they sent me an email with the code.

Yeah i had fun dont get me wrong and it playes just a bit better than BFBC but i like getting a lot of kills and just run around in a way you would never do in real war. Here you have to take cover, and even with cover you get killed pretty often.

Also on MW2 if you encounter 2 to 3 guys at the same time you can reasonably kill all 3. NOT ON MOH. By the time you kill the first person you used so much ammo from your clip you dont have enough to get a second kill.

Its frustrating not being able to get more than 3 kills in a row.

Its A really good game for realistic warfare.
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:12 pm

gluis01 wrote:
Yeah fridge i pre-ordered it online threw gamestop. I didnt even go to the store. Its only $5 to pre-order. Then they sent me an email with the code.

Yeah i had fun dont get me wrong and it playes just a bit better than BFBC but i like getting a lot of kills and just run around in a way you would never do in real war. Here you have to take cover, and even with cover you get killed pretty often.

Also on MW2 if you encounter 2 to 3 guys at the same time you can reasonably kill all 3. NOT ON MOH. By the time you kill the first person you used so much ammo from your clip you dont have enough to get a second kill.

Its frustrating not being able to get more than 3 kills in a row.

Its A really good game for realistic warfare.

I can't wait to try it. Based on your review I am not sure I am going to like it unless they have a hard core mode as well.
Back to top Go down
Jessica101
Captain
Captain
Jessica101

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 6:10 am

MOHA was only 'hardcore' mode. I hope MOH is the same. I have a feeling this sounds more like it's suitable for tactical play, and games like HQ/domination etc than TDM - as far as I'm concerned that means one thing - GREAT!!! MOH Beta - PS3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:17 am

The beta is nowhere near being hardcore. Its probably worst than normal mode on MW2 cause thay wanna make it realistic.
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:42 am

gluis01 wrote:
The beta is nowhere near being hardcore. Its probably worst than normal mode on MW2 cause thay wanna make it realistic.
What's so realistic about unloading an entire clip in someone to kill them?
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:16 pm

Its more about not allowing to get 3 kiils with one burst like COD. Even the RPG's rarelly get any kills for me when i shoot it. And the grenade launchers dont have as big an explosive factor either you rarely hear them explode.
Back to top Go down
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2008-02-24

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:47 pm

SERUM-X wrote:
gluis01 wrote:

it takes at least 3 30 round AK-47 mags to kill me, but thats just cuz I'm a badass. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MercuryRising
Clan Leader (Admin)
Clan Leader (Admin)
MercuryRising

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2008-02-05

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:13 pm

tripl_b wrote:
SERUM-X wrote:
gluis01 wrote:

it takes at least 3 30 round AK-47 mags to kill me, but thats just cuz I'm a badass. Very Happy

This is true. Seen it myself. Chuck Norris needs to look out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.newenglandps3clan.webs.com
Jessica101
Captain
Captain
Jessica101

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:07 am

Shame it's not hardcore like MOHA was, I miss that.

Still, I've pre-ordered my copy now, and my beta code should be on it's way any day
MOH Beta - PS3 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Jessica101 wrote:
Shame it's not hardcore like MOHA was, I miss that.

Still, I've pre-ordered my copy now, and my beta code should be on it's way any day
MOH Beta - PS3 Icon_cheers

Jess where did you pre order yours from?

I ordered mine from Game and got my code yesterday which i tried today and it didn't work, so i spoke to EA and they said they know of the problem and just to try later (not much help)
Back to top Go down
Jessica101
Captain
Captain
Jessica101

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:08 am

I ordered mine from Game. I had an email from them saying my code would arrive yesterday afternoon. It still isn't here so I've just emailed them again asking what's going on.

I hope it worked when you tried it 'later'.
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:30 pm

I tried the Beta and can say that it is just OK. Nothing more than that. I will still buy the game for the single player and the occasional ROMP online but I am not nearly impressed with the multi-player as I thought I would be.
Back to top Go down
Jessica101
Captain
Captain
Jessica101

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:56 am

At long last, 11 days (and 6 emails) after I pre-ordered MOH from Game my Beta code finally arrived MOH Beta - PS3 Icon_rolleyes

I'll be having some private games Friday night (2nd) with a few friends (2300 GMT), if anyone fancies joining us to try it out together just pm me on ps3 MOH Beta - PS3 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
SERUM-X
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
SERUM-X

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:13 am

What time is that on the east coast?
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:22 pm

6:00 PM sir. I hope you can join us for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MOH Beta - PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOH Beta - PS3   MOH Beta - PS3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MOH Beta - PS3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next