Special Tactics Protocol [STP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Gaming Clan transitioning from PS3 to the PS4 platform, based in USA EST. (-5GM)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Maps out Today

Go down 
+4
DonMat23
STP_Captain_Slow
DA_FRIDGE1
Shamos98
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2008-02-06

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:58 am

For anyone still interested. The new map pack is due out today. For more info go to callofduty.com for details. I have not seen the cost yet but I'm working on the assumption that like COD4 it will be $9.99, downloadable from the Playstation store. I will be getting the new maps, they can't be any worse than Makin Day (sucks.) Anyone who can't afford to, or doesn't want to pay for the DLC can pm me and I will be happy to share the download with you. Let me know.

Along with the new maps there is another patch coming out today. Below is from the developer's post....

Hi everyone!

So as you know, Map Pack 1 is releasing shortly (March 19th) or has already released depending on when you read this. With it, a new TU / Patch is being released for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

We have been reading many of the suggestions in the community rgarding improvements to the game, and hope that you’ll find many of them in the list below. I think the most popular item in this list will be the improvements to the spawn system included in this TU =).

Items Addressed:
* All rifle grenades fired during the first 15 seconds of Search & Destroy will be duds to prevent griefing in that game mode.
* Improvements have been made to the global spawn system – players should never spawn within the line of sight of an enemy.
* Players who equip the Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty.
* Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy.
* Martyrdom no longer causes “direct impact” grenade deaths in Hardcore modes.
* Players ranked higher than the maximum allowed in the Boot Camp playlist are no longer able to play in games with lower ranked friends in that playlist.
* “Bayonet jumping” has been disabled.
* Further improvements have been made to geographical matchmaking.
* The “New” icon clears when a player has viewed an unlocked weapon (X360 only).
* Many zombies were raised from the dead.

Hope to see you online, and enjoy the new updates and maps!

Regards,
-JD
Back to top Go down
http://www.madaketmarine.com/
DA_FRIDGE1
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2424
Registration date : 2008-03-04

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:18 am

the rifle grenades, spawn, and bomb planter updates are genius. why the hell hasnt cod4 done that with toobs and team killing the planter. zombies raised from the dead?
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:34 am

Another zombie map- Asylum. Smile
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

Number of posts : 2263
Registration date : 2008-02-11

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:18 am

Yea well hopefully CoD6 will take note and include them in the new game.
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:18 am

Yea well hopefully CoD6 will take note and include them in the new game.
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:24 am

Contain your excitement there, Martin. Smile You only need to click once.
Back to top Go down
DonMat23
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
DonMat23

Number of posts : 2115
Registration date : 2008-02-16

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:53 am

though I'm not playing World at War...alot. I'll probably get the maps.
Back to top Go down
tripl_b
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
tripl_b

Number of posts : 1700
Registration date : 2008-02-24

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 2:18 pm

how many players are on W@W at any given time now? It was still close to 100,000 before KZ2 came out...
Back to top Go down
Shamos98
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Shamos98

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Last few nights 75,000-80,000. Weekends 100,000+ at almost any time.
Back to top Go down
phatmike21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
phatmike21

Number of posts : 991
Registration date : 2008-02-26

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 2:28 am

I'm done with w@w I could sell it so I'm not buying anything for it. When modern 2 comes out if the maps are huge like that I will probably not play it either I hate the huge maps.
Back to top Go down
gluis01
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 1275

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 2:30 pm

i agree with mike...i hate huge maps..and i hate to say this but as of right now things dont look too good for mw2...cause i hate vehicles and if you have vehicles the maps have to be big... so put those two factors into play and it equals me not liking the game
Back to top Go down
STP_Captain_Slow
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
STP_Captain_Slow

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 5:26 pm

It would be cool if they could separate them out so you can go in a lobby where there will be vehicles and another where there won't or mixed. Kinda like the sub menu in W@W for Normal and HC
Back to top Go down
JC_Buckwilder
Major
Major
JC_Buckwilder

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2008-02-14

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:04 pm

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just downloaded the map pack. Knee Deep is beautiful. It is literally the most real feeling map I have ever played on. Honestly, it puts COD4 to shame. I forgot how much more detailed and better looking the maps are in W@W.
I haven't even played the other maps yet, but if they look anything like Knee Deep, they are worth it.
Also, I have to hand it to Treyarch... they had problems in the beginning, but they continue to update the gameplay and listen to the community. The 15 second delay on HC spawn for grenade launchers is reason enough to give them credit. WTF is taking IW so damn long to respond to similar problems in COD4?????
I sorry I didn't try these maps sooner. I just wanted to Gold Cross before packing up my PS3 for the next month or two. Not sure I'll make it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Maps out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Maps out Today   New Maps out Today Empty

Back to top Go down

New Maps out Today
Page 1 of 1